Chocolate and strawberries – a match made in heaven! This chocolate strawberry cheesecake is my version of the fraisier cake! It’s made with rich chocolate cake using my Perfect Chocolate Cake Recipe, no-bake vanilla cheesecake dotted with fresh strawberries, and garnished with sliced strawberries. It’s topped with a simple whipped cream and more strawberries! Can you think of a better strawberry cake?!
Watch My Video!
Watch my video recipe for step-by-step instructions! Want new recipe updates?? Make sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel! You’ll get a notification every time a new recipe goes live!
The fluffiest No-Bake Cheesecake!
The no-bake vanilla strawberry cheesecake center in this fraisier cake is simply amazing! It’s light, fluffy and packed full of juicy, fruity strawberries. I have a secret ingredient to make the cheesecake super fluffy – whole milk ricotta cheese! Mixing the lighter ricotta cheese with the denser cream cheese results in the most delicate cheesecake you’ll ever have! I use ricotta cheese for my cheese cakes in my new cookbook, ‘The European Cake Cookbook’, a lot! I also add heavy cream to the filling, which makes it even lighter and fluffier!
The Chocolate Cake!
For the base and top of my strawberry fraisier cake, I used a reduced recipe of my ‘Perfect Chocolate Cake’! The chocolate cake is super rich, moist yet fluffy, making it the perfect cake for this creation. I prepared 3/4 of the original recipe; I’ve included the measurements below to make it easy! Bake the batter in an 8-inch pan and let it cool completely. Once cooled, slice it in half to create two layers.
I used an 8-inch cake pan for my recipe, then added an acetate cake collar to add height to the pan. Otherwise, all the no bake cheesecake filling wouldn’t fit. If you don’t have a tall pan or an acetate cake collar, just prepare this recipe in a 9-inch pan!
How To Make A No-Bake Cheesecake
I love the look of fresh strawberries set into the sides of this fraisier cake! To set the cheesecake layer, I used regular gelatin. Make sure to dissolve the gelatin completely and add it into the cheesecake batter while it’s still piping hot. This way, the gelatin will not clump. If you are looking for a vegan option, try using agar gelatin. The preparation will be slightly different. Combine just 1 tablespoon agar gelatin with 1/4 cup water in a small saucepan. Heat over medium heat for about 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly, until the consistency looks like applesauce. Do not let it cool, add the hot gelatin straight into the mixer and whisk right away.
- Whether you’re using regular gelatin or agar, allow the strawberry cake to chill in the fridge for at least 6 hours, or leave it in overnight. You can garnish the top with whipped cream and strawberries right away or after it’s set.
Enjoyed this incredible strawberry cake recipe? Make sure to check out some of my other recipes you’re sure to enjoy!
- Ultimate Strawberry Cheesecake – stunning berry cheesecake with diced strawberries and strawberry jam, topped with chocolate strawberries!
- No-Bake Strawberry Tiramisu Cake’ – one of the best strawberry cakes! This berry cake is so light and fluffy!
- Strawberry Nutella Cheesecake’ n – fluffy nutella cheesecake with loads of fresh strawberries!
- Strawberry Red Velvet Cheesecake – rich, red velvet cheesecake topped with strawberry mousse!
- Strawberries & Cream Swiss Roll Cake – the best-ever strawberry cake with delicate sponge cake, strawberries and mascarpone whipped cream filling!
Share it on Pinterest!
Need some supplies to make this recipe? You can get them here (Amazon affiliate links):
I love this aluminum spring form pan for baking cakes and cheesecakes.
I use a bulk roll of acetate cake collar – just cut it to size for each cake.
The classic KitchenAid stand mixer is a must in every kitchen!
And garnish the cake using these jumbo cake decorating tips.