The ultimate strawberry cheesecake recipe with loads of fresh berries, strawberry preserves and even chocolate strawberries on top! This stunning berry cheesecake is what desserts dreams are made of! The cake is so light and fluffy and dotted with berries! I love to add some extra strawberry preserves and whipped cream when serving this cheesecake! It’s the perfect dessert idea for Valentine’s Day, birthdays and celebrations!
Watch My Video
Watch my YouTube video recipe for step-by-step instructions and watch me make this cake! Want to receive new recipe emails in your inbox? Make sure to subscribe to my website and my YouTube channel and turn on notifications!
How to Make a Strawberry Cheesecake
You’ll love how easy it is to make this stunning strawberry cheesecake! It comes together in no time! I always start with the graham cracker crust. I like to use my food processor for making the cookie crumbs but you can also use a large ziplock bag and a rolling pin to crush the cookies. Next, I prepare the cheesecake batter with creamy cream cheese, eggs, vanilla, sugar and cornstarch. The cornstarch will help thicken the cheesecake batter since the fresh berries do release a little bit of juice.
To add the most strawberry flavor, I use fresh, diced strawberries and strawberry preserves. You can even add strawberry extract for even more flavor! If you want to use frozen berries, first allow them to thaw and come up to room temperature. Once the cheesecake is baked, let it set in the refrigerator overnight until it’s well set.
Making the ultimate strawberry cheesecake can be a breeze with my easy, step-by-step instructions! Here are some more tips for making the perfect cheesecake every time. You can use these tips for other cheesecake recipes, too!
- Beat the softened cream cheese on medium-high speed for 8 to 10 minutes before adding anything else! I recommend scraping down the sides of the mixing bowl often to ensure that all the cream cheese is well incorporated and to avoid clumps of cream cheese in the batter.
- Bring all your ingredients up to room temperature, including the eggs and sour cream. This will allow the cheesecake to bake more evenly.
- I highly recommend using the water bath method for baking this strawberry cheesecake. The extra moisture in the oven will keep the top of the cheesecake level and crack free!
- Allow the cheesecake to cool slowly! I turn my oven off and prop the door open with a wooden spoon and let me cheesecake cool for a couple hours before transferring it into the refrigerator to chill overnight.
Garnishing the Cheesecake
Want to make this strawberry cheesecake extra special?! I love to garnish this cake with loads of fluffy whipped cream, extra strawberry preserves and chocolate covered strawberries! The chocolate strawberries a great addition, especially if the cheesecake is for a special occasion! I have a separate video tutorial for the chocolate strawberries. It’s one of my oldest videos but the instructions are still great! I recommend making the chocolate strawberries the day that you plan to enjoy the cheesecake since they don’t stand for long.
Enjoyed this berry cheesecake? Make sure to check out some of my other cheesecake recipes for more inspiration!
- Blueberry Ricotta Cheesecake – this fruity blueberry cheesecake is extra fluffy thanks to ricotta cheese! You’ll love all the flavors!
- White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake – you’ll love the combination of sweet cheesecake with tart raspberries and tart raspberry sauce!
- Strawberry Red Velvet Cheesecake – another incredible cake with a red velvet cheesecake base, strawberry mousse and strawberry whipped cream!
- Strawberry Tuxedo Cake – this stunning cake is made with no-bake white and dark chocolate cheesecake layers sandwiches with cake and loads of berries!
- Strawberries & Cream Swiss Roll Cake – the best-ever strawberry cake with delicate sponge cake, strawberries and mascarpone whipped cream filling!
Share it on Pinterest!
Need some supplies to make this recipe? You can get them here (Amazon affiliate links):