Strawberry Nutella Cheesecake Recipe (video)
The most amazing no-bake Nutella cheesecake! What can make a cheesecake go from good to fantastic? Nutella and strawberries! This ultra-rich, no-bake strawberry Nutella cheesecake with a chocolate crust is velvety smooth and melt-in-your-mouth good! If you’re a fan of chocolate and strawberries, this is the ultimate cheesecake for you!
Watch My Video!
Watch my video recipe for step-by-step instructions and learn how to make the strawberry garnishes! Want to receive new recipe emails in your inbox? Make sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel and turn on notifications!
How to Make Nutella Cheesecake
Not only is this Nutella strawberry cheesecake visually stunning, but it’s also just down right delicious! You’ll be coming back for seconds! I start with a simple chocolate graham cracker crust, which is the best foundation for this cake. Place the cookies into a food processor and pulse into fine crumbs. If you want an even richer chocolate base, go with Oreo or cream filled cookies instead. Press the cookie crumbs firmly into the bottom of the pan; I like to use a potato masher to get the job done!
The light and fluffy mousse is made with a whole jar of Nutella, creamy sweetened condensed milk and loads of cream cheese. I add diced strawberries right into the filling so you get that fruit flavor with every bite. And that strawberry garnish on the outside is what really makes this cake pop! All you need to do is slice the strawberries in half and line the up around the perimeter of the pan facing outwards. And voila, a beautiful garnish to the ultimate Nutella cheesecake!
Enjoyed this strawberry cheesecake recipe? Check out some of my other fruity cake creations you’re sure to enjoy!
- Nutella Strawberry Roulade – amazing chocolate cake filled with Nutella whipped cream and berries!
- Red Velvet Strawberry Cheesecake – three layers of incredible cake: red velvet cheesecake, strawberry mousse and whipped cream!
- Ultimate Strawberry Cheesecake – stunning berry cheesecake with diced strawberries and strawberry jam, topped with chocolate strawberries!
- No-Bake Strawberry Rhubarb Cheesecake – perfect for summer! Made with maple rhubarb jam, loads of strawberries and maple whipped cream!
Enjoyed this recipe? Save it to Pinterest for later!
Need some supplies to make this recipe? You can get them here (Amazon affiliate links):
- I love this tall spring form pan for cakes and cheesecakes.
- These handy off-set spatulas are great for spreading cake batter and frosting.
- This set of jumbo cake decorating tips includes all my favorites.
- My classic CuisinArt food processor is the best – simple and powerful.
- And my classic KitchenAid stand mixer is a must for every kitchen.
Strawberry Nutella Cheesecake Recipe (video)
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate biscuit crumbs, about 10 graham crackers
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 32 ounces cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 13 ounce container Nutella
- 1/2 ounce unflavored gelatin, 2 packets
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
- 1 cup whole strawberries for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 9-inch spring form pan with parchment paper.
- Place chocolate cookies into a food processor and pulse into fine crumbs. Add the melted butter and pulse again until mixture comes together. Transfer the crumbs into prepared spring form pan. Using the back of a large spoon, press the mixture firmly into the bottom of the pan to create an even and firm crust. Bake crust in preheated oven for 10 minutes, then allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, prepare the filling. Place the softened cream cheese into stand mixer bowl and beat on high speed for 10 minutes until light and fluffy. Add the sour cream, sweetened condensed milk and vanilla. Transfer the Nutella into a bowl and microwave for a few minutes to melt it until smooth. Pour Nutella into mixer bowl. Whisk mixture on high speed for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Prepare the gelatin. Combine the gelatin and water, then microwave for 30 seconds to dissolve the gelatin. Turn mixer to high speed and while mixing, pour in the dissolved gelatin. Continue mixing for a few minutes until well combined.
- Add a few cups of the cheesecake filling on top of the cool chocolate crust. Cut large strawberries in half and place them around the edge of the pan, open face facing out. Add the chopped strawberries into the center. Pour in the remaining filling and use a flat spatula to even off the top of the cake.
- Place cake into refrigerator to set overnight, usually takes about 5 to 6 hours to set completely. To remove the cake from the pan, run a flat spatula along the edge of the pan, then release spring form. Transfer onto cake platter and garnish top with more strawberries if desired.
- Keep cake refrigerated. Remove about 30 minutes prior to serving to allow the cake to soft slightly.
This looks so beautiful! Love the strawberries on the side and how tall this cake comes out to be!
Hello, this cake looks really good, but I do have a question… Can u use any other fruits to make this cake? What u think is it going to be good??? Thank you for you’re recepts all you’re food is really good.
I think raspberries, blueberries, mango would also be great for this recipe! As long as the fruit is not too juicy!
In my country we dont have gelatine powder but a sort of leaves. Can i use this too, and how much of it?
Yes, gelatin sheets will also work! Just soak them ahead of time to soften them. This is the conversion rate I found online: 1 (0.25 oz.) envelope granulated gelatin = 1 tablespoon powdered gelatin = 3 sheets leaf gelatin
The cheesecake did not Taste like cheesecake! I tasked more like the silk pie. Melted in 30 minutes outside of refrigerator. Looked pretty soggy.I’m sorry but a few recipes that I tried from your site did not turn out tasty. They also never consider the daily amour of fat and sugar intake. The cake recipes are very fatty. One piece should be a weekly dose of butter.
Hmm, the cheesecake shouldn’t melt that fast. Please make sure you’re adding the right amount of gelatin and preparing it correctly. The cake should stand at room temperature for at least a few hours.
Can I use raspberry gelatin?
Hi! I haven’t tried this recipe with a different type of gelatin. Let me know how it turns out! 🙂
Made this cheesecake for a family gathering and it was a hit! So easy and fast to make. I loved that it wasn’t too sweet. Someone in the reviews said it melted in 30 minutes and I can say that is not so, stood out for a good length of time without ever looking soggy.
Wonderful! Thank you for the feedback and I’m so glad you enjoyed the recipe!! 🙂
Tatyana you are amazing! To me you are like Julia Child. You have helped me actually cook. I thought I knew how until I got married and realized scrambled eggs and macaroni and cheese do not count.
This cheese cake was a huge success and my husband wants me to make more.
I have had great dinners because of your recipes and I feel like dinner is most important meal of the day. When my family can gather around the table and enjoy the food as well as eachothers company. Thank You!!!!
You’re so sweet and kind – you made my day! :)) I’m so, so honored to have helped you through my work! I’m so glad that you enjoyed this cake and other recipes of mine. If you ever have any questions, please feel free to message me! 🙂
I made this but the cheesecake is really runny. I followed all steps, and used the same ingredients and correct measurements. Were there any ingredients that we’re not meant to be at room temperature? Thanks
Hi! So sorry that your cake didn’t turn out. The only thing I can think of is the gelatin. Make sure the gelatin is dissolved, otherwise it won’t set the filling properly…
Hey My name Reva , i was wondering if you had to use parchment paper with the cheesecake or can it be used without. And while it sits in the refrigerator over night. Do you cover it, and if so…what would be the best cover method. Xoxox
Hi! 🙂 You can make the cheesecake without the parchment paper, too
Made this, do i cover it while it sits in the refrigerator over night xoxo
No, no need to cover it 🙂
Hi, it just looks too delicious. Gonna try make it tonoght. Just wonder if the sour cream can be substitute by yoghurt?
Hi! Yes, you can certainly use plain yogurt in place of the sour cream; heavy cream will also work well 🙂
Hello! I was wondering how long will this stay in the fridge. I am hoping to make several for a party but will be traveling up until the day before. Will it be as delicious if left for about a week?? I have made this several times in the past and it’s just delicious.
Hi Eleni! I don’t recommend keeping this cake refrigerated for longer than 3 days because of the fresh strawberries. The berries release juices and they will ruin the mousse after so long. Perhaps you can make a nutella cheesecake only, without the strawberries, and garnish the top later with fresh berries. Or, use strawberry jam.
This recipe ws a hit amongst my family members; even my mum who is not a sweet tooth and doesn’t really eat cheesecakes enjoyed this cake and went for a second helping!
What I love about your recipes Tatyana is not just the recipe, but the tips you give that ensure the cake turns out exactly the way it looks in your pics!
For one, I would’ve never known to heat up the nutella further in the microwave if not for your instructions (I would’ve jst settled for it being at room temperature). It ws certainly easier to incorporate into the cream cheese mixture once microwaved.
Second, this is my second attempt at using gelatine in my cheesecake recipes. The last time I used it, the cake didn’t turn out so well (recipe was not obtained from your good self). After following yr exact measurements and heating/dissolving instructions, I’m proud to say that I will now continue using gelatine in all my cheesecake attempts here on out! Little did I know, it makes a HUGE difference for the dissolved gelatine to be poured into the cheesecake mixture whilst the mixture is being whipped at medium to high speed (my previous mistake ws that I poured the gelatine in first and then only began to whip). And yes, jst like you said, the cake holds up for hours outside of the fridge (you can imagine my immense joy and satisfaction at this 😊)
So thank you so much Tatyana for all that you do to ensure we too can bake/cook lovely dishes/treats for our loved ones!! Yr recipe certainly made my younger brother’s 24th birthday all the more sweet!
You are so welcome!! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this review! I sincerely want every single recipe to work perfectly every time and I’m glad my tips are helpful! I hope you continue to enjoy this cheesecake (and others) for years to come!