How stunning is this beautiful arrangement of roses, strawberries and cookies for your next special occasion? Perfect for Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day, birthdays and anniversaries! I’m going to show you step-by-step how to make this pretty arrangement with roses, chocolate covered strawberries, chocolate-covered Oreos and chocolate truffles. Plus, I add a bit of gold dust and edible gold leaf to make it extra special! It’s makes for a perfect gift!
Watch My Video!
Watch my video tutorial for my step-by-step instructions! Want to get notifications for my new recipes? Just subscribe to my YouTube channel and you’ll receive and email notification every time a new video goes live!
This post contains affiliate links.
It’s All In The Details!
Making this chocolate strawberry bouquet is so much fun and it’s even more fun to gift. It’s also super customizable – you can use any color of roses, flowers, chocolates or cookies! Here are a few of the things I used for my arrangement; click on the product name in bold print to buy the item online (Amazon affiliate links):
- Box & Tissue Paper – you’ll need a beautiful box, bucket, or container to hold the arrangement in. I used a 10×10-inch box for my arrangement and lined with some Valentine’s Day tissue paper, then filled it with cardboard strips. A block of foam will also work well; a wet floral foam block will work well, too. This round, hat-box style box would be perfect!
- Roses/Flowers – I went with classic red roses but any color will work. You can even coordinate the color of the roses or flowers with the chocolate melts – purple roses with purple chocolate covered strawberries. If you want to make the arrangement a few days ahead of time, make sure to use a wet floral block; this way the roses will stay fresh not wilt. Plus, don’t forget to get some greens for filling in the empty spots.
- Strawberries – I always wash my strawberries and let them dry completely on a kitchen towel. Go for large and firm strawberries that will hold up well when coated.
- Cookies/Macarons – I didn’t have any macarons on hand for this video recipe, but a quick run to Trader Joe’s will work, too! I used Oreo sandwich cookies, but macarons and other cookies will work great, too.
- Chocolate truffles – I love the new Strawberries & Cream Lindt truffles and they worked so well for this arrangement.
- Chocolate – I recommend going with Ghirardelli chocolate melts. These do not need to be tempered and will set at room temperature.
- All the gold – I used this edible gold spray paint by Wilton for the roses, cookies and truffles. And a bit of edible gold leaf always makes any dessert extra special!
- To hold the strawberries and cookies in place, I used thin bamboo skewers. And this handy craft foam board is a must for making strawberries – it’s the best way to get perfect chocolate covered strawberries.
Chocolate Covered Strawberries
Chocolate covered strawberries are good within the first 24 hours. I recommend making this arrangement and gifting it right away or the next day. If you are making it the night before, place the bouquet into the refrigerator so the strawberries and roses stay fresh. Want to learn how to make extra fancy chocolate covered strawberries? I have a separate video tutorial for that, too! Watch it here: https://tatyanaseverydayfood.com/recipe-items/chocolate-strawberries-video-tutorial/
Enjoyed this special occasion tutorial? Check out some of my other recipes you’re sure to love!
- Chocolate Cake Pops – learn how to make these cute treats for your next event!
- Peach Marshmallow Pops – made with the fluffiest European marshmallow recipe!
- Chocolate Fruit Kabobs – different types of fruit dipped in chocolate!
- Fruit Chocolate Bark – chocolate chunks dotted with fruit and nuts!
- Chocolate Coffee Spoons – coffee spoons that are ready to be dunked into hot milk!
Share it on Pinterest!