You’ve tried chocolate strawberries, but have you ever had a chocolate fruit kabob? You’re in for a real treat with these sweet treats! I love everything about this super simple recipe! It’s fun to make and so much fun to eat, give away and bring to parties! And, these easy chocolate-covered fruit kabobs are perfect for any special occasion! These chocolate fruit kabobs are best served the same day or the next so enjoy and share them right away! If you’re able to, enjoy them within 24 hours, after which the fruit like to leak their juices, making the kabobs less visually appealing but still delicious!
Watch My Video!
Watch my video recipe for all the details and step-by-step instructions! Want to receive new recipe emails in your inbox? Make sure to subscribe to my website and my YouTube channel and turn on notifications!
This post may contain affiliate links.
How to Make Chocolate Fruit Kabobs
Chocolate and fruit are a combination made in food heaven! These chocolate kabobs are so fun and easy to make! You’ll need just a few supplies to make these. Grab your favorite fruit and berries, some chocolate melts and get started! You’ll also need some wooden skewers or plastic sticks for skewering the fruit. Make sure the skewers are sturdy to hold up the fruit and berries! You can also decorate the kabobs with sprinkles and white chocolate.
- Skewer the fruit: wash your fruit and berries and pat them dry. Cut larger pieces of fruit, such as pineapple and apples, into small, bite-sized pieces. Skewer the fruit onto the skewers, alternating with different types of fruit.
- Melt the Chocolate: I recommend using chocolate melts for this chocolate fruit. It sets quickly and at room temperature, so no need for the refrigerator! You can melt the chocolate in the microwave or on the stove top using a double boiler. Stir the chocolate often and heat until it’s smooth and uniform.
- Add the garnishes: Dip the prepare fruit kabobs into the melted chocolate and set them onto a tray to set. If you want to add garnishes (sprinkles, toffee bits, chopped nuts), make sure to add them while the chocolate is still melted so they stick! You can also drizzle melted white chocolate over the kabobs!
Which Fruit to Use
The fruit kabobs can be made with a large variety of fruit! Some of my favorites, besides strawberry, are pineapple and grapes! Who knew that chocolate pineapple would be so good?! Also, try apples, kiwis, banana and even mandarin wedges. If you want to use banana, brush the fruit with a bite of lemon juice first to keep it from discoloring!
Enjoyed this fun video tutorial? Check out some of my other recipes you’re sure to enjoy!
- Chocolate Strawberry Bouquet – make this amazing arrangement with strawberries, cookies and roses for a special occasion!
- Classic Chocolate Strawberries – check out my video tutorial for dipped strawberries!
- Mini Fruit Pavlovas – these delicate mini pavlovas are topped with fruit, cream and raspberry sauce!
- Raspberry Lemon Tartlets – you’ll love these mini tarts with lemon curd, raspberry sauce and meringue!
Enjoyed this recipe? Please share and save it to Pinterest!
How to Make Chocolate Fruit Kabobs (video)
- 20 strawberries
- 1 fresh pineapple, chopped
- 1/2 pound green grapes
- 14 to 16 bamboo skewers
- 2 cups chocolate melting wafers
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
- I used strawberries, grapes and pineapple but feel free to include your favorite fruit. Here are some suggestions: bananas, apples, red grapes, kiwi, balled melons and/or cantaloupe, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries. Wash the fruit ahead of time and allow to dry.
- Skewer the fruit onto the bamboo skewers in desired order and place onto paper towels to absorb any remaining moisture.
- Prepare the chocolate. I recommend using chocolate melting wafers. Melt them in the microwave or on the stove top using a double boiler. Stir until the chocolate is smooth.
- Dip the fruit skewers into the chocolate until the fruit is half covered. Place the fruit chocolate side up on a cooling rack and allow the chocolate to set. IF you want to add sprinkles, add them when the chocolate is still melted.
- To add the white chocolate drizzle, melt some white chocolate chips and place into the a ziplock bag. Cut off the tip and drizzle the chocolate over the fruit skewers. Allow the chocolate to set for about 1 hour. If you're in a hurry, place the chocolate into the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Enjoy the fruit kabobs the same day, or within 24 hours. Can also be prepared in the evening for the next day!