Holiday chocolate bark – it’s everywhere during the holiday season, topped with just about everything! If you’re looking for a festive and tasty alternative to the traditional peppermint bark, this sweet and salty chocolate bark recipe for you! I bet you’ve never had chocolate bark like this before. It’s made with dark chocolate and white chocolate! I love the combination of sweet and salty and this chocolate bark with freeze-dried strawberries and pretzels hits the spot! It’s the easiest holiday treat to make and to give!
Watch My Chocolate Bark Video Tutorial!
Watch my YouTube video recipe for all the details and step-by-step instructions for making holiday bark! Want to receive new recipe emails in your inbox? Make sure to subscribe to my website emailing list and my YouTube channel and turn on notifications!
Ingredients for Chocolate Bark
The toppings really make this holiday bark pop!
- White Chocolate Melts: use only chocolate melts for best results. Melts do not need to be tempered and will set at room temperature. This will allow you to keep the bark at room temperature.
- Dark Chocolate Melts: I usually use these Ghirardelli chocolate melts (affiliate link).
- Freeze Dried Fruit: Top the chocolate bark off with slices of freeze-dried strawberries (affiliate link) or raspberries. You get a variety of freeze dried fruit from Trader Joe’s or online on Amazon. I love the flavor combo of the fruit and chocolate – a match made in culinary heaven!
- Nuts & Pretzels: I also added crushed pretzel bits and salted pistachios nuts. When you’re making this at home, have fun with the recipe and switch up the toppings!
- Dried Fruit: Try adding your favorite dried fruit and nuts such as dried cranberries, dried apricot, cashews, macadamias, or even dried pineapple or orange! Or, how about kiwi?!
How to Make Holiday Chocolate Bark
This holiday bark topped with fruit is so easy to make! It also makes for a great gift!
- Just grab white and dark chocolate melts, and get to melting! I recently switched over to using chocolate melts in most of my chocolate recipes because it sets without having to worry about tempering. Place the chocolate into separate bowls, set the microwave to 50% power and stir every 30 seconds until the chocolate is smooth.
- Pour the melted chocolate into a pan lined with parchment paper.
- To make the bark very pretty and festive, I also swirled the white and dark chocolate together. The swirls look so dainty! Use a knife or toothpick to swirl the chocolate together.
- Add your desired toppings! I used freeze-dried strawberries, dried cranberries and pistachios. You can use just about any topping!
- Let the chocolate set completely, then break into smaller chunks and store in an air-tight container.
How to Store the Chocolate Bark
Store the holiday bark in an airtight container at room temperature. Keep it out of direct sunlight or heat, which will melt the chocolate. I recommend enjoying it within a few weeks so the toppings stay fresh.
Share it on Pinterest!
Enjoyed this fun holiday treat? Check out some of my other recipes you’re sure to enjoy!
- Chocolate Mint Macarons – these minty and chocolate-y macarons are perfect to give and enjoy during the holiday season!
- Chocolate Covered Strawberries – fresh berries dipped in chocolate and garnished with more chocolate!
- Caramel Chocolate Cake Pops – these fun treats are so fun and easy to make! Perfect for parties!
- Chocolate Strawberry Bouquet – make this stunning rose and chocolate arrangement for a special occasion!
Holiday Chocolate Bark (video)
- 3 cups semi-sweet chocolate melts, or milk chocolate
- 2 cups white chocolate melts
- about 10 salted pretzels, crushed
- 1/2 cup salted pistachio halves
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup freeze-dried strawberries
- Prepare a pan for the bark: line a 13×9-inch brownie pan or similar sized pan with parchment paper.
- Melt the chocolate in separate bowls using a microwave or double-boiler. Stir frequently to avoid burning the chocolate; stir until smooth.
- Sprinkle crushed pretzels onto the bottom of the pan. Pour melted dark chocolate over the top and use a spatula to spread the chocolate to the edges. Immediately, spoon the white chocolate on top. Using a knife, swirl the two chocolates together.
- Sprinkle the toppings over the bark randomly, pressing the strawberries into the chocolate gently to ensure it stays in place. Place chocolate into the refrigerator for about an hour or until completely set.
- Remove bark from refrigerator and using a sharp knife, chop into smaller pieces. Keep chocolate bark stored at room temperature in an air-tight container.