This stunning chocolate raspberry tart will steal your taste buds from the first bite! It’s made with a chocolate caramel filling, a version of my home-made caramel sauce; a chocolate pie crust; tart and fruity raspberry sauce; and topped with more fresh raspberries! This chocolate tart is perfect for special occasions or any time you want to satisfy your chocolate cravings!
Watch My Video!
Watch my video for my step-by-step instructions and for more tips! Want to receive new recipe emails in your inbox? Make sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel and turn on notifications!
The Chocolate Crust
This beautiful raspberry tart starts with an incredible chocolate pie crust. I love using my ‘Classic Pie Crust’ recipe for all my tarts and this chocolate version is no exception. It’s an all-butter recipe that yields a very soft, buttery and flaky crust. To make the chocolate version, I used Hershey’s Special Dark Cocoa Powder. I love the intensity of this cocoa and it makes the crust extra chocolate-y! Here are some tips for making the perfect crust:
- Reduce handling the dough to a minimum. This dough is made with butter and will begin to soften almost instantly from the warmth of your hands. Keep handling to a minimum to prevent the dough from shrinking in the oven.
- Use ice-cold butter! I like to cut the butter into cubes and place it into the freezer for 15 to 20 minutes while I’m pre-measuring the rest of my ingredients.
- Use pie weights to prevent shrinking! Because this tart crust is blind-baked, you’ll need to weigh the dough down to prevent it from shrinking into a small disk! First, line the dough with a round of parchment paper, then add pie weights, dried beans or even rice, if you’re in a pinch.
Watch my video recipe for more details!
The Caramel Chocolate Filling
I can’t think of a better chocolate filling for this chocolate tart! I love this chocolate version of my ‘Home-Made Caramel Sauce‘. My traditional recipe from my ‘Back to Cake Basics’ series is the only caramel recipe you’ll ever need! Just add a cup of chocolate chips to make the most incredible chocolate caramel sauce! It’s super thick, very rich and chocolate-y. This chocolate caramel sauce would also be great for toast and can be enjoyed by the spoonful!
The Raspberry Sauce
This delicious chocolate dessert wouldn’t be complete without the most amazing raspberry sauce, or raspberry coulis! This super easy sauce is one of my all-time favorite additions to just about any dessert! It’s tart, fruity and really helps cut the sweetness and richness of the caramel sauce filling. This recipe makes enough for the filling, plus more for topping each slice of tart. You can use either frozen or fresh raspberries for this sauce. When straining the sauce, make sure to press the berries until just the seeds remain. Discard the seeds and enjoy the smooth sauce!
Looking for more incredible recipes to try? Try these desserts next!
- Chocolate Raspberry Crepe Cake – stunning chocolate crepe cake filled with raspberry whipped cream!
- Caramel Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake – epic cheesecake made with caramel bits, chocolate and fresh raspberries!
- Chocolate Raspberry Swiss Roll – fluffy chocolate sponge cake filled with raspberry whipped cream!
- Classic Fruit Tart – the most amazing fruit tart made with cheesecake filling, lemon curd and fresh fruit!
Enjoyed this recipe? Share it on Pinterest!
Need some supplies to make this recipe? You can get them here (Amazon affiliate links):
- 9-inch Tart Pan – a tart pan with a removable bottom is a must!
- CuisinArt Food Processor – I LOVE this machine for so many things! Use it to make the crust in just a few minutes!
- Nesting Glass Mixing Bowls – I use glass mixing bowls for everything in my kitchen!
- Copper Sugar Pot – using this copper pot is not only fun but it also makes great caramel sauce!
- Ceramic Pie Weights – make sure to use weights for the crust, to prevent shrinkage.