A berry twist on the classic chocolate Swiss roll cake recipe! This raspberry chocolate Swiss roll is made with fluffy chocolate sponge cake, filled with loads of fresh raspberries, raspberry liqueur, and a fluffy whipped cream frosting! The flavors are simply divine and will have you coming back for seconds. And my favorite part – the cake has the perfect amount of sweetness and fruitiness! It’s not too sweet and will satisfy your sweet tooth!
This stunning cake is great year-round, but especially around the holiday season! Something about those colors just screams Christmas to me! This raspberry swiss roll would be perfect for a holiday party, birthday celebration or for a special dinner!
Watch My Video!
Watch my video recipe for all the sweet details and step-by-step instructions! Want to receive new recipe updates? Make sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel!
How to Make a Swiss Roll Cake
This elegant and simple cake starts with the most basic cake recipes – chocolate sponge cake! I have a separate video recipe for the chocolate sponge cake if you want more in-depth instructions. This chocolate cake recipe is great because it’s malleable so it won’t break when filled and rolled. I recommend using only sponge cakes for roulades and swiss cake rolls because of that. It’s also on the drier side, which works for the recipe in this case. The dry cake is perfect for soaking with raspberry liqueur and will hold the whipped cream filling very well.
Important note: make sure to roll the chocolate cake as soon as you remove it from the oven! Just dust the top of the cake with confectioner’s sugar to prevent it from sticking to your kitchen towel. Roll the cake up and let it cool completely. Once it’s cooled, fill it and then roll it back up the same way it was rolled originally.
Whipped Cream Frosting
For the frosting, I went with a European whipped cream frosting! It’s super easy to make and made with sweetened condensed milk, butter, cream cheese and heavy cream! It’s the perfect complement to the richness of the chocolate sponge cake and sweet berries. Check out my step-by-step video tutorial for a more in-depth video recipe.
Looking for more cake roll recipes? Check out some of my other recipes you’re sure to enjoy!!
- Strawberries & Cream Swiss Roll Cake – the best-ever strawberry cake with delicate sponge cake, strawberries and mascarpone whipped cream filling!
- Keto Berries and Cream Cake Roll – low carb dessert option for those on the keto diet! Great with regular sugar, too!
- Chocolate Fig Roulade – one of my favorite cakes, made with sweet figs and chocolate!
- Chocolate Nutella Strawberry Roulade – the most amazing, rich and fluffy cake roll with Nutella whipped cream and strawberries!
- Chocolate Raspberry Cake – the ultimate raspberry cake with crushed berry filling, fruity raspberry buttercream and rich chocolate cake layers!
Enjoyed this recipe? Please share and save it to Pinterest!