The perfect summer dessert must include peaches and this easy, breezy peach galette recipe is the ultimate summer treat! This free-form peach pie is so easy to make and packed full of flavor with a touch of cinnamon and nutmeg. It tastes amazing when served a la mode with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream! I used my ‘All-Butter Pie Crust’ recipe for this peach tart – just 4 ingredients and takes minutes.
Watch My Dessert Video!
Watch my YouTube video recipe for my step-by-step instructions! Want to receive new recipe emails in your inbox? Make sure to subscribe to my website emailing list and my YouTube channel and turn on notifications!
What’s a Galette?
A galette is a fancy French term for a flat pastry or pancake, or in this case, a tart. I love making galettes because they’re so easy to make – they’re a mix between a pie and tart, a perfectly imperfect, free-form pie! This peach galette is especially easy because the fruit doesn’t need to be poached or cooked prior to baking!
How to Make a Peach Galette
You’ll love how easy this summer dessert is to make!
- Choosing the fruit: The first and most important part of this peach tart galette is the fruit! I love sun-ripened peaches and this is one of the best ways to enjoy them! Look for sweet, aromatic peaches – the best way to check for ripeness to take a whiff. If the fruit smells good, it will taste good!
- There’s no need to peel the peaches for this recipe, unless you really want to. Personally, I like the texture that the skin gives to the peach tart filling.
- I toss the fruit in a bit of sugar, flour and spices. You’ll love the warmth that the cinnamon and nutmeg give to the recipe!
- This recipe calls for flour, which gets added to the fruit. The flour works as a thickener, thickening the peach juices as they cook, creating a jam and keeping them from running out. Cornstarch and/or arrowroot powder can also be used for this recipe.
- Arrange the fruit onto a homemade pie crust and fold the crust over the fruit around the edges. Brush the edges of the crust with an egg wash.
- Bake the galette in the preheated oven for 45 to 50 minutes, until the edges of the tart are golden brown. Allow the tart to cool for at least 30 minutes, then serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
Homemade Pie Crust Recipe
The second part of this peach pie recipe is the crust! I used my ‘All-Butter Pie Crust’ recipe – it’s a no-fail, super easy, 4-ingredient crust recipe that works for everything! This crust can be prepared ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator for a few days until you’re ready to bake. If you’re in a real pinch for time, pre-made, store-bought pie crust will work just as well! You can watch my video recipe for the crust here:
For serving this peach galette, I recommend waiting at least 30 minutes after removing it from the oven. Serve the pie warm with a scoop of creamy vanilla bean ice cream! Garnish the top with a few mint leaves for a beautiful presentation!
Love all things peach? I have you covered with plenty of peachy recipes you’re sure to love!
- Raspberry Peach Cake – the perfect cake for summer, with raspberry cake layers, diced peach filling and whipped cream frosting!
- This ‘Peaches & Cream Zefir Torte’ made with peach marshmallow filling!
- I love this easy ‘Berry Peach Crumble’ – super easy to make and oh-so-delicious!
- And these ‘Champagne Peach Macarons’ with peach buttercream are so delicious, with just the right touch of fruitiness!
- Classic Peach Pie – with cinnamon crumble and ice cream is always a good idea!
Enjoyed this recipe? Save it to Pinterest for later!
Need some supplies to make this recipe? You can get them here (Amazon affiliate links):
- I love these nesting glass mixing bowls for food prep.
- I use my CuisinArt food processor for making pie crust.
- Use this handy pie mat for more precise pie dough measurements.
- I used this perforated pizza pan to get a very crispy crust.
Easy Peach Galette A La Mode (video)
- 6 to 8 peaches
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp EACH: all-spice, ground nutmeg
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg, for egg wash
For Pie Crust:
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, ice cold
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream, for serving
- Prepare 1 recipe of my ‘All-Butter Pie Crust’; see separate video recipe for more in-depth instructions. Place the cold butter and flour into a food processor, along with the salt. Pulse the ingredients together for about 2 minutes, until a grainy mixture forms. Add the water and continue to pulse until a dough ball forms, about 30 seconds. Wrap the dough tightly in plastic wrap, then refrigerator for at least 1 hour, or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 375F. Next, prepare the peach filling. Slice the peaches thinly, then place into a large mixing bowl. Add the lemon juice, vanilla, sugar, flour and spices. Gently toss the peaches in the mixture until they’re well coated.
- Once the crust dough is chilled, transfer it onto a lightly floured surface. Flour a rolling pin, then roll the dough out into a large circle, about 14-inch in diameter. Line a baking sheet or perforated pizza pan with parchment paper, then transfer the dough onto the paper. Transfer the peaches onto the dough, spread them in even layer, leaving about 3 inches of dough along the edges. Gently fold the dough over the fruit.
- Whisk the egg in a small ramekin with a fork, then use a pastry brush to brush the egg wash onto the edges of the pie crust. Bake the galette in the preheated oven for 45 to 50 minutes, until the edges of the tart are golden brown. Allow the tart to cool for at least 30 minutes, then serve warm with vanilla ice cream.