Cream Cheese Blackberry Pie (video)
After blueberry pie, blackberry pie is my second favorite! This blackberry and cream cheese pie will not be beat! It’s packed full of sweet blackberries and filled with a lemon-y cream cheese! And nothing beats a homemade butter crust; this one is golden and perfect! This tasty and fruity pie is the perfect summertime dessert!
Watch My Blackberry Pie Video!
Watch my YouTube video recipe for all the recipe details and step-by-step instructions! Want new recipe updates? Subscribe to my website emailing list and my YouTube channel to get a notification each time a new recipe goes live!
All Butter Pie Crust
This blackberry pie is simply better with a homemade pie crust! I love to make my own pie crust from scratch and I always use all-butter. I find the butter makes the crust super flaky and delicious; plus, the food processor does all the hard work for you. If you’re in a pinch for time, store-bought pre-made crust will also work. Check out my in-depth video tutorial on ‘How to Make a Pie Crust’ here!
Cream Cheese & Blackberry Filling
The cream cheese filling for this blackberry pie is simply made with cream cheese, lemon zest and a little bit of lemon juice, plus sugar. This combination of cheese and lemon adds incredible flavor to the pie. Then just top with the berries and into the oven! I used a non-traditional method for this video recipe and prepared the pie in a springform pan, but a regular pie pan will also work well. You can also play around with the top pie crust, creating a lattice or cutout to make this blackberry pie even better!
Allow the pie to cool down for a few hours, then serve it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, or vanilla whipped cream! Refrigerate any leftover for later!
Enjoyed this easy pie recipe? Check out some of my other recipes you’re sure to enjoy!
- Try my ‘Easy Peach Galette’ – next, with fresh peaches, served a la mode!
- Coconut Key Lime Pie – zesty, creamy and so delicious! Made with a coconut crust, zesty lime filling and whipped cream!
- Classic Peach Pie – the best ever peach pie with a lattice crust top!
- Mixed Berry Pie – you’ll love this fruity pie with raspberries, blueberries and blackberries! Perfect for summer!
Save and share it on Pinterest!
Cream Cheese Blackberry Pie Recipe (video)
For Butter Pie Crust:
- 1 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup very cold butter
- 8 ounce brick of cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- zest from 1 lemon
- 1 1/2 cups confectioner's sugar
- 3 cups blackberries
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 egg, beaten; for egg wash
- large sugar crystals for crust garnish
- Prepare the crust first: into a food processor, add the flour, sugar, salt and butter. Pulse mixture until butter is broken down into small crumbs. Slowly add the water and pulse until dough comes together into a ball. Turn dough out onto a floured work surface and knead just until dough is smooth. Cover dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, prepare the fillings. Place softened cream cheese into mixer bowl and whisk on high speed for several minutes until light and fluffy. Add the lemon juice, lemon zest and confectioner's sugar; whisk until smooth.
- In a small bowl, toss together the blackberries with 1/2 cup sugar and 2 tablespoons cornstarch; set aside.
- Roll out chilled dough on floured work surface into a large circle, large enough to have 2-3 inches of hang over. If using a spring form pan, line it with parchment paper; or use a regular pie dish. Transfer dough into pan and leave extra dough around edges.
- Fill pie with cream cheese mixture, followed by blackberries. Fold dough over the edges to create a rough edge. Brush the top of the crust with beaten egg and sprinkle with sugar crystals.
- Bake in oven preheated to 350F until edges are golden brown; mine was in the oven for 1 1/2 hours. Remove pie from oven and let it cool at room temperature for 3-4 hours, then refrigerate if not serving. Serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
- Enjoyed this recipe? Please consider leaving me a comment or rating review to help my blog!
Hey Tatyana I was wondering if I could use blueberries instead of blackberries, I’m not really a fan of them ?
Absolutely! Blueberries would taste great in this pie, too! 🙂
Hi Tatyana, I made this pie last week and absolutely loved it. Will be making it again for my mom’s birthday today:)
I love that you can use any berries that you have on hand, and they taste so good with the lemony filling. Thanks for the great recipe:)
I’m so glad you enjoyed my recipe! 🙂 Happy birthday to your mother!
Made it:) she loved it, as well as my hubby and I. Score!
Love your recipes:)
Hey Tatyana, would I be able to prepare this pie and then bake it the next day?
Yes, that will work just fine 🙂
Could you mention the diameter of the pan we should use for this quantity of dough? thank you
Hi! sorry about that! I used a 9-inch pan for this recipe. Enjoy 🙂
The most amazing pie I have ever tasted was a peach pie with some sort of creamy layer underneath the peaches. I have no idea what it was; it may have been a custard of sorts. Anyway, I would love to somewhat recreate that flavor. I’ve watched the video for your peach galette, but like the idea of the creamy filling under the berries in this one. Would peaches work on top of this cream cheese filling?
Hi Jeanette! I think this recipe would be perfect with peaches! I hope it tastes similar to that pie that you tasted! This recipe is so delicious! Enjoy!
COULD YOU USE FRESH STRAWBERRIES INSTEAD OF BLACK BERRIES LOVE ALL YOUR RECIPES THANKS
Hi! Yes, strawberries should work well here, too! Enjoy 🙂
You’re presentations are fabulous…and the recipes are unique and delicious!
Thank you so much! 🙂 I’m so glad you enjoyed the recipe!