The most delicious key lime pie ever!! My coconut key lime pie recipe is made with a coconut graham cracker crust and filled with a creamy, zesty lime filling. I garnish the top of the pie with fluffy coconut whipped cream and more lime zest! Every bite of this zesty pie is bursting with incredible flavor! Plus, it’s super easy to make! It’s perfect for summer or anytime you’re craving for some tropical flavor!
Watch My Video!
Watch my video recipe for step-by-step instructions and watch me put together the pie! Want to receive new recipe emails in your inbox? Make sure to subscribe to my website and my YouTube channel and turn on notifications!
Coconut Graham Cracker Crust
This coconut key lime pie starts with the most delicious pie crust! It’s made just like a regular crust but with sweetened coconut flakes added in. Just place a package (about 9 cookies) into a food processor along with the coconut. Pulse the cookies for about 1 to 2 minutes until fine crumbs form, then pour in the melted butter. The butter helps bring everything together and works as a binder.
Transfer the prepared crumbs into a pan of your choosing. You can use a traditional pie pan for this recipe, a tart pan, or even a springform pan, like the one I used in my video recipe. Using the springform pan makes it super easy to remove the lime pie from the pan and onto a serving platter! Prebake the crust at 350F/177C for 10 minutes and then let it cool slightly while preparing the filling.
Key Lime Filling
This key lime pie filling is what really makes this lime pie so special! It’s a creamy, zesty and not-too-sweet filling that sets beautifully! And, it’s made with just a few ingredients! First, whisk the egg yolks in a large bowl until they’re creamy, thick and pale. Next, add in the rest of the ingredients: lime juice, sweetened condensed milk, vanilla and lime extracts. The condensed milk will add all the sweetness this recipe needs! I also like to add some fresh lime zest for even more flavor!
- Pour the prepared lime filling into the baked coconut graham cracker crust and spread the filling evenly to the edges.
- Bake the pie for 15 to 18 minutes at 350F/177C – the filling will set but still have some wiggle to it, similar to a cheesecake!
- Let the key lime pie cool at room temperature for 30 minutes, then refrigerate for 3 hours, or until chilled.
Coconut Whipped Cream
You’ll love the fluffy and creamy coconut whipped cream topping for this easy pie recipe! It’s made with heavy cream, confectioner’s sugar and coconut extract. Transfer the whipped cream into a pastry bag and add dollops of cream onto the pie after it has cooled in the refrigerator!
- Try garnishing the cake with more lime zest, too! You can also add lime wedges but add those only when you’re ready to serve.
Enjoyed this zesty and tropical recipe? Check out some of my other recipes you’re sure to enjoy!
- Coconut Lime Macarons – the most delicious combo of coconut and lime, with lime buttercream and lime curd!
- Coconut Lime Cheesecake – creamy coconut cheesecake topped with zesty lime curd and whipped cream!
- Coconut Wedding Cake – the fluffiest coconut cake made with coconut cake layers and whipped cream frosting!
- Coconut Lime Cake – delicate coconut cake layers filled with lime curd and frosted with meringue!
Share it on Pinterest!
Need some supplies to make this recipe? You can get them here (Amazon affiliate links):
- 9-inch Springform Pan – I love using a springform pan in place of a regular pie pan for this recipe!
- Classic Pie Pan – use this classic pan for a more traditional pie!
- Coconut Extract – this will add so much great flavor to the whipped cream!
- Lime Extract – make the pie filling extract zesty with a touch of extract!