The fluffiest coconut lime cake recipe! If you love coconut and lime together, this cake is for you! It’s made with delicate and moist coconut cake layers, filled with a homemade lime curd and topped with a light and airy meringue frosting! This tropical cake is always hit!
Watch My Video!
Watch my video recipe for step-by-step instructions! Want to receive new recipe emails in your inbox? Make sure to subscribe to my website and my YouTube channel and turn on notifications!
The Coconut Cake Layers
You’ll love the delicate and moist coconut cake layers! This easy recipe is made with coconut milk, which adds a mild and creamy flavor to the cake. If you want even more coconut flavor, try adding 1 teaspoon coconut extract or, add 1 cup toasted, shredded coconut. Make sure to cool the cake layers completely before assembling the cake!
The Lime Curd Filling
To complement the sweet coconut cake, I fill the layers with a zesty and creamy homemade lime curd. It’s made with freshly squeezed lime juice! I have a separate, in-depth video tutorial for making lemon or lime curd at home! It’s an easy recipes that’s always a hit! Check out the video here:
Once the cake layers and the lime curd filling have cooled, it’s time to make the frosting! This simple meringue frosting is made by adding hot sugar syrup to whisked egg whites. The hot syrup cooks the egg whites, making this frosting completely food safe!
- I recommend using a sugar thermometer for this recipe. It’s crucial that the sugar syrup is hot enough and reaches 238F.
- Pour the sugar syrup slowly into egg whites beaten to soft peak stage. Once all the syrup is added, increase the mixer speed to high and continue whisking until the egg whites are thick and glossy.
Assembling the Lime Cake
To assemble this stunning tropical cake, spread a generous amount of lime curd between each layer and frost the cake with the meringue frosting. To keep the lime curd from oozing out the sides, pipe a barrier ring of the meringue frosting around the edge of each cake layer before filling. Garnish the cake with lime wedges and toasted coconut!
Enjoyed this coconut and lime dessert? Check out some of my other recipes you’re sure to enjoy!
- Coconut Key Lime Pie – the most delicious pie ever, with zesty lime filling, coconut crust and coconut whipped cream!
- Coconut Lime Macarons – the most delicious combo of coconut and lime, with lime buttercream and lime curd!
- Blackberry Lime Cake – this fruity cake is made with blackberry cake layers, lime curd filling and a berry whipped cream frosting!
- Coconut Lime Cheesecake – zesty and creamy coconut cheesecake topped with zesty curd and more coconut!
- Italian Coconut Cake – the classic ‘wedding’ cake, with delicate cake layers and a fluffy coconut whipped cream!
Please share and save it to Pinterest!