As if French Toast was not delicious enough on its own, I’ve taken it to another level and stuffed it full of Nutella! My Nutella French toast is literally stuffed with chocolate-y Nutella, dipped in a cinnamon custard and sprinkled with cinnamon sugar for a caramelized finish. It’s perfect for weekend brunches or when you want some breakfast for dessert! I’m a huge fan of breakfast and brunch! I love to enjoy a looonggg breakfast with many cups of coffee, especially if the weather permits and I can sit outside and enjoy our backyard. This Nutella French toast is my recipe of choice when my husband requests a sweet and chocolatey breakfast!
Watch My Video!
Watch my video recipe for all the details and step-by-step instructions! Want to receive new recipe emails in your inbox? Make sure to subscribe to my website and my YouTube channel and turn on notifications!
I like to serve my French toast with loads of maple syrup, whipped cream and fresh berries! I like adding strawberries, raspberries and/or blueberries. You can make your own whipped cream or use the premade store bought variety.
To make your own, simply whisk together 1 cup of chilled heavy cream with 1/2 cup confectioner’s sugar and 1 tsp of vanilla extract. Whisk the ingredients together for a few minutes until stiff peaks form. Serve the french toast hot, with the whipped cream on the side.
Looking for more variations on French toast? Check out my other recipes you’re sure to enjoy!
- Cinnamon Buttermilk Waffles – the fluffiest and most delicious waffles with berries, cream and syrup!
- Very Berry French Toast – baked toast, casserole style; served with loads of berries!
- The Very Best French Toast – easy and delicious toast prepared stovetop.
- Savory Toast with Cheese – grilled cheese sandwich dipped in egg custard!
Share it on Pinterest!
Nutella French Toast (video)
- 8 to 10 slices Brioche bread, thick-cut
- 1/2 cup Nutella or hazelnut spread
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup white granulated sugar
- sprinkle of cinnamon and nutmeg
- 4 to 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup whipped cream
- 1 cup berries
- Prepare the Nutella stuffed bread first. Using a sharp knife, cut deep pockets into each slice of Brioche bread. Transfer the Nutella into a pastry bag or a ziplock bag. Pipe a generous amount of the Nutella into each pocket.
- Prepare the custard. Combine the eggs, milk, vanilla, maple syrup, cinnamon and nutmeg in a small mixing bowl. Whisk all the ingredients together until smooth.
- Prepare the cinnamon sugar. Combine the brown sugar, white sugar and a generous sprinkle of each: cinnamon and nutmeg. Stir together until well combined.
- Preheat a large frying pan over medium heat and add a tablespoon of butter. As the butter is melting, prepare the first batch of french toast. Dip the stuffed bread into the custard first, then sprinkle each side generously with the cinnamon sugar. Drop into melted butter; don't overcrowd the pan (I do two at a time). Cook the french toast until golden brown and the sugar has caramelized, then turn over, about 2 minutes. If the sugar starts to burn, turn heat down. I recommend cleaning the pan between batches.
- Remove the french toast and serve hot with maple syrup, whipped cream and berries. Can sprinkle top with confectioner's sugar.