Do you love everything Nutella?! Snack time just got a little more fun with this delicious pull-apart Nutella bread! It’s a stuffed version of the classic monkey bread recipe! This amazing pull-apart bread is a combination made in heaven – cinnamon-sugar, chopped pecans and soft bread stuffed with Nutella! If you loved my original cinnamon rolls recipe, you’ll love this recipe. It’s a taste of cinnamon rolls and Nutella combined into one incredible dessert!
Watch My Bread Video!
Watch my video recipe for step-by-step instructions on how to make this crazy-good dessert! Want to receive new recipe emails in your inbox? Make sure to subscribe to my website and my YouTube channel and turn on notifications!
How To Make Pull-Apart Bread: The Dough
This Nutella bread starts with the softest yeast dough recipe! I use a super easy yeast dough that makes this bread super soft and pillowy! This dough recipe is actually from my famous ‘Cinnamon Rolls Recipe’! It’s made with milk, butter, a little bit of sugar and flour. There are a few things to keep in mind when making yeast dough.
- First, the milk or liquids should be lukewarm and not warmer than 130F. If the milk is too hot, it will kill the yeast bacteria and your dough will not rise!
- Second, do not add too much flour! The dough needs to remain very soft and almost sticky. Take the time to knead the dough for 4 to 5 minutes, until it’s smooth and elastic!
Assembling the Nutella Bread
Every bite of this Nutella monkey bread is filled with silky, nutty, chocolatey good Nutella!
- First, divide the dough evenly into small pieces, gently roll them out and then fill with chocolate Nutella. Gently seal the dough to keep the Nutella on the inside of the dough. Then, dip the stuffed dough balls into melted butter!
- I layer each ball of Nutella-filled dough with cinnamon sugar and chopped nuts. The combination of cinnamon sugar and butter make a sticky sauce that holds all the bread together. It’s ooy, gooey and delicious!
- Arrange the pull-apart bread into a round Bundt pan, or layer the bread into a large casserole dish. You can even make individual servings of this bread by placing the dough into muffin tins!
- Once the bread is baked, I love to top this bread with a simple sugar glaze, but that step is optional. Either way, this Nutella bread will be gone in no time!
Looking for more delicious recipes? Check out some of my other recipes you’re sure to enjoy!
- Best Cinnamon Rolls – my famous cinnamon rolls recipe has hundreds of 5-star reviews, thanks to a secret ingredient!
- Nutella French Toast – taking French toast to a new level by stuffing it full of creamy, rich Nutella!
- Nutella Cream Puffs – chocolate dipped profiteroles filled with a fluffy Nutella whipped cream!
- Raspberry Cinnamon Rolls – the best rolls stuffed with raspberry preserves and freeze-dried raspberries, plus a simple glaze!
Please share and save it to Pinterest!
Pull-Apart Nutella Bread (video)
- 1 cup warm milk
- 2 1/2 teaspoons dry active yeast
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 1/2 - 4 cups bread flour
- 1 cup Nutella or other chocolate hazelnut spread
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups confectioner's sugar
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- For the video instructions on making the dough, please watch my "Cinnamon Roll" video recipe linked above or here: https://tatyanaseverydayfood.com/recipe-items/best-cinnamon-rolls-recipe/
- For making the dough: place warm milk into large bowl and whisk in sugar until dissolved. Sprinkle yeast over warm milk and let dissolve and proof for 5 minutes. Whisk in eggs, butter and salt. Gradually begin adding bread flour. When dough forms, turn out onto work surface and knead gently to make soft dough. Adjust flour as needed, add all 4 cups if dough is still sticky. Place dough into greased bowl, covered with kitchen towel and let proof for 45 to 60 minutes, or until doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a bundt pan with parchment paper and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Prepare all the filling ingredients. Combine 1/2 cup white sugar with 1/2 cup brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg in a small bowl. Place the Nutella into a disposable pastry bag or ziplock bag.
- Punch down proofed dough, then divide evenly into 30 pieces. Spread each dough section into a flat disk, either with your hands or with a rolling pin. Place a dollop of Nutella, about 1 1/2 to 2 teaspoons, into the center. Pinch dough around the edges, sealing Nutella inside, then bring edges together to form a dough ball. Do this for all 30 pieces.
- To assemble bread, coat dough first with melted butter, then roll in cinnamon-sugar mixture. Layer into prepared bundt pan and sprinkle nuts onto the bottom and in between layers. Cover pan with towel and let dough proof again until doubled in size.
- Before placing into the oven, pour the heavy cream over the bread. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes; turn oven temperature down to 325F and continue to bake for another 5-10 minutes until top of bread sounds hollow when tapped.
- Remove bread from oven, turn over onto serving tray and remove pan and paper. Serve while still warm. For optional glaze, simply whisk together powdered sugar with milk and vanilla. Add more sugar depending on desired consistency.
- Enjoyed this recipe? Please consider leaving me a comment or rating review to help my blog!