Want to know how to make beautiful, marbled chocolate dessert bowls using balloons and melted chocolate? I’ll show you just how easy it is to make these elegant bowls! Fill and serve them with ice cream or other dessert and garnish with fruit.
Watch My Video Tutorial!
Watch my video recipe for step-by-step instructions! Want to receive new recipe emails in your inbox? Make sure to subscribe to my website and my YouTube channel and turn on notifications!
Share it on Pinterest!
Marbled Chocolate Dessert Bowls
- 6 6 to 8-inch balloons, sprayed with non-stick spray
- large baking sheet lined with parchment paper
- 2 cups milk or dark chocolate melts
- 1 cup white chocolate melts
- shortening, if needed
- 1 pint of ice cream
- 2 cups Fruit or berries, such as: blueberry, strawberry, diced mango, sliced bananas, raspberry
- 1/4 cup Slivered almonds
- mint leaves, for garnish
- Have inflated balloons ready and sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Melt milk and white chocolate in separate bowls. To melt chocolate in a microwave, reduce power level to 50 percent. Stir every 30 seconds. If chocolate doesn't melt very smoothly, add a teaspoon of shortening and fold into the chocolate.
- Carefully pour white chocolate into the center of melted milk chocolate. Use spatula to fold in the white chocolate, using 4 strokes (see video tutorial).
- Dip balloons in on four sides to create petal look. Set balloons onto parchment paper to set. Place into refrigerator to set the chocolate faster.
- Once bowls are set, pop balloons with needle and discard. Fill with ice cream, fruit and/or whipped cream. Keep refrigerated when not serving.