Chicken salad just don’t get any better than this one! This delicious Mediterranean salad is loaded with the most amazing ingredients: marinated and grilled chicken breast; antipasti olives and peppers; tomatoes; kale; and let’s not forget the avocado! This easy salad is dressed with a homemade dressing, too! I love to serve this salad with a side of toasted baguette, too. I can go on and on about how much I love this recipe but you need to try it for yourself!
- Want to receive new recipe emails in your inbox? Make sure to subscribe to my website and my YouTube channel and turn on notifications!
Preparing the Grilled Chicken
This delicious Mediterranean salad is topped with juicy and flavorful grilled chicken! It’s super easy to make, too! I recommend marinating the chicken breast for at least 30 minutes for the best flavor. If you have time, marinate the chicken the night before for best results!
- I season the chicken with tons of aromatic herbs and spices: salt, pepper, garlic, basil, oregano, thyme and paprika! I also add lemon juice for some acidity and butter for extra fat and moisture.
- Once the chicken is marinated, it’s time to hit the grill! Preheat your outdoor grill to 450 to 500F.
- Grill the chicken on both sides for about 5 to 6 minutes per side on direct heat. Once the chicken is nicely charred, move it to indirect heat, such as the top grill rack, and continue cooking until the internal temperature reaches 165F.
- Don’t forget to let the chicken rest before slicing and enjoying!
Assembling the Mediterranean Salad
Any Mediterranean salad is full of marinated veggies and this chicken salad is no exception! I love to layer all the salad ingredients over a bed of kale, spinach or even spring greens mix. You can assemble the salad as one large salad or prepare it on individual plates. Spread an even layer of greens and then top with the peppers, avocado, tomatoes, capers and shallots. I like to add an antipasti mix that contains olives, mushrooms, carrots, peppers and even cheese!
Looking for more delicious recipes? Check out some of my favorites you’re sure to enjoy!
- Grilled Flank Steak Salad – perfect for summer, with grilled corn, avocado, tomatoes, cheese and chimichurri dressing!
- Mediterranean Pasta Salad – zesty salad with arugula, feta cheese and juicy pork!
- Grilled Chimichurri Drumsticks – this easy chicken recipe is perfect for summer grilling!
- Spinach Chicken Salad – with juicy chicken breast, blue cheese and pears!
- The Best BLT Salad – amazing salad recipe with bacon, cheese and avocado!
Share it on Pinterest!
Mediterranean Grilled Chicken Salad
- 4 large chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 tsp EACH: black pepper, garlic powder, paprika
- 1 tsp EACH: dried basil, dried oregano, dried thyme
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 to 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 16 cups organic baby kale or spinach
- 1 small red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 2 avocados, sliced
- 2 medium heirloom tomatoes, sliced
- 2 cups antipasti combination salad: garlic olives, mushrooms, sun-dried tomatoes, Kalamata olives, yellow banana peppers
- 4 tablespoons capers
- 2 large shallots, sliced
For Balsamic Dressing:
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- Prepare the chicken to be marinated first. Place the chicken breasts into a large bowl and pour over the melted butter and lemon juice. Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika, dried basil, dried oregano and dried thyme. Rub the seasonings into the chicken and let it stand in the refrigerator for 30 minutes while preparing the salad ingredients:
- This salad can be arranged on one large serving platter or onto individual plates. Spread the kale or spinach in an even layer. Spread the sliced peppers, tomatoes and avocado evenly over the top and follow with the marinated antipasti mix. Sprinkle the capers over the top and add the sliced shallot.
- For the salad dressing: simply whisk together all the salad dressing ingredients in a small bowl or measuring cup: red wine, vinegar, oil, salt, lemon juice and basil. Set the dressing aside until ready to serve.
Grilling the Chicken:
- Preheat an outdoor grill to 450F (low/medium). Place the chicken onto direct heat and use a pastry brush to brush on some of the remaining marinade. Grill the chicken with the lid closed for 5 to 6 minutes on each side, turning once. Move the chicken over to indirect heat, such as the top rack of the grill, and let the chicken continue cooking until it's reached 165F internal temperature, about 6 to 10 minutes. Timing all depends on how thick the chicken breast is.
- Allow the grilled chicken breast to rest for 5 minutes before slicing and placing over the salad. Pour the prepared dressing over the salad and serve with a side of baguette or Italian bread.