The BEST cinnamon roll recipe, hands down! With hundreds of great reviews, it’s the only recipe for cinnamon rolls you will ever need! This easy, no-fail recipe makes the most moist, fluffy and absolutely delicious cinnamon rolls thanks to a secret ingredient! The rolls are then topped with a simple cream cheese frosting, the perfect pairing for these rolls.
Watch My Video!
Watch my video tutorial for step-by-step instructions and watch me make these delicious rolls! Want to receive new recipe emails in your inbox? Make sure to subscribe to my website and my YouTube channel and turn on notifications!
The Secret To The Best Recipe!
You may be asking ‘what exactly makes this recipe so special’? Just one simple secret ingredient added at a crucial baking time – heavy cream! That’s it! All you need to do is add it at the 10 minute baking mark and voila – the most amazing rolls EVER! Huge thanks for my sister Nina for sharing this secret tip years ago with me. This recipe has hundreds of reviews and very satisfied bakers and will not disappoint! Just read the comments in my YouTube video for all the raving reviews. If you love Cinnabon cinnamon rolls, these are very similar.
Make Ahead Instructions
- Simply follow the instructions, making the yeast dough, filling and shaping the rolls. Cut the rolls to size and place into a large casserole pan.
- Allow the rolls to proof at room temperature for 15 to 20 minutes, then cover the pan with plastic wrap and place the rolls into the refrigerator. They can be made even a few days ahead of time.
- When ready to bake, remove the rolls from the fridge and let them stand at room temperature for 15 to 20 minutes. Bake at 330F, adding the heavy cream at the 10 minute baking mark. Continue with the original recipe.
This recipe is easily adjusted to incorporate additional flavors! Adjust the recipe to your liking and include chopped nuts for crunchier rolls or even dried berries for a berry twist!
- Raspberry Rolls made with freeze-dried raspberries!
- Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls – with pumpkin and cinnamon sugar filling!
- Check out these ‘Apple Pie Cinnamon Rolls’ with apple pie filling – perfect for fall!
- And my other recipe, ‘Double Blueberry Rolls’ are packed with blueberries!
- My savory ‘Bacon, Garlic & Cheddar Rolls’ are so delicious with garlic butter!
Enjoyed this recipe? Save it for later to Pinterest!
Need some kitchen supplies for this recipe? Check out these products (Amazon affiliate)
- Large, deep-dish Casserole Pan is perfect for these cinnamon rolls, brownies and lasagna!
- Simple and effective! This metal spatula lifter makes taking the rolls out of the pan a breeze!
- And this set of stainless-steel mixing bowls is amazing! One of the most used products in my kitchen!
The Best Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
- 1 cup warm milk
- 2 1/2 teaspoons dry yeast
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups bread flour OR 3 1/2 cups, 437g all-purpose
- 3/4 cup heavy cream, for topping
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups confectioner's sugar
- 2-4 tablespoons half-and-half or milk
- Place warm milk into large bowl and whisk in sugar until dissolved. Sprinkle yeast over warm milk and let dissolve and proof for 5 minutes. Whisk in eggs, butter and salt. Gradually begin adding bread flour. When dough forms, turn out onto work surface and knead gently to make soft dough. Adjust flour as needed, add all 4 cups if dough is still sticky. Place dough into greased bowl, covered with kitchen towel and let proof for 45 to 60 minutes, or until doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line large, rectangle baking dish (I used a 13x9-inch pan) with parchment paper and spray with non-stick spray. If you would like to add nuts to the cinnamon rolls, sprinkle them on the bottom of the pan.
- Roll dough on lightly floured surface into large rectangle. Spread with melted 1/3 cup butter. Combine brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Sprinkle mixture over butter and work in with hands (can add chopped nuts at this stage, if desired). Gently roll dough to form a log. Using un-flavored dental floss, section dough into 1 1/2-inch thick pieces.
- Place cut rolls into prepared pan. Cover pan with clean kitchen towel and let dough proof until doubled in size. I placed mine next to my preheated oven to speed up the process.
- Bake in preheated oven for 7-10 minutes. Take out the rolls and pour several tablespoons of heavy cream over each roll. Return to oven and bake until golden brown on top. Continue baking the rolls for an additional 22 to 25 minutes, until they are a deep golden brown on top.
- Meanwhile, prepare frosting. Whisk together cream cheese, butter, vanilla. 2 tablespoons half-and-half and salt in small bowl. Add confectioner’s sugar. Adjust frosting consistency by adding milk; add several more tablespoons for a thinner icing.
- Spread frosting over warm rolls and let the rolls cool slightly before serving. Alternatively, place frosting into disposable pastry bag/ziplock bag, and pipe individually onto each roll.
- Keep rolls covered and refrigerated when not serving. Best when reheated in oven.