There’s something so special about apple pie aroma – it’s so warming and cozy! And who doesn’t love cinnamon rolls? Well, I’ve combined the two to give you these apple pie cinnamon rolls! If you’ve tried my cinnamon roll recipe, you already know how delicious those are! I took my classic cinnamon roll recipe and added caramelized and spiced apple pie filling, creating an unforgettable fall dessert. And don’t forget the cream cheese frosting! I love to make a large batch of the frosting and add extra on my roll!
My Secret Ingredient
These rolls are so incredibly soft and fluffy, thanks my secret ingredient: heavy cream. It’s added the 10 minute baking mark and it makes these apple pie rolls simple extraordinary! The cream adds a bit of needed moisture to the rolls and pan, preventing them from drying out.
Make Ahead Instructions
- Simply follow the instructions, making the yeast dough, filling and shaping the rolls. Cut the rolls to size and place into a large casserole pan.
- Allow the rolls to proof at room temperature for 15 to 20 minutes, then cover the pan with plastic wrap and place the rolls into the refrigerator. They can be made even a few days ahead of time.
- When ready to bake, remove the rolls from the fridge and let them stand at room temperature for 15 to 20 minutes. Bake at 330F, adding the heavy cream at the 10 minute baking mark. Continue with the original recipe.
Apple Pie Filling
I like to use Granny Smith or Golden Delicious apples for this recipe. This firm yet sweet apple is perfect for apple pie and for this recipe. You can peel the apples or leave the peel on. Here’s a before and after of the apple pie filling. The aroma is simply incredible! You’ll want to eat it straight out of the pan!
Cream Cheese Frosting
And you can’t have apple pie cinnamon rolls without some cream cheese frosting! I use a simple, creamy recipe for all my rolls. I like to spread about half of the cream cheese frosting onto the rolls as soon as they come out of the oven, allowing the frosting to melt and coat the rolls really well! Add the rest after the rolls cool down further, or serve it on the side.
Check out my 5 ingredient ‘Cream Cheese Frosting’ video recipe for an in-depth tutorial!
Enjoyed this recipe? Check out some of my other recipes you’re sure to enjoy!
- The Original BEST Cinnamon Rolls – You can learn more about making my famous cinnamon rolls with my step-by-step video tutorial. I promise, this recipe will not disappoint!
- Raspberry Rolls – filled with freeze dried raspberries and berry preserves!
- Double Blueberry Rolls – all the blueberry flavor in these stuffed berry rolls!
- Strawberry Cinnamon Rolls – another fruity and berry twist on my original recipe!
- Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls – perfect for fall! Made with pumpkin and cinnamon sugar filling!
Enjoyed this recipe? Save and share it on Pinterest!
Need some supplies to make this recipe? You can get them here (Amazon affiliate links):
This cast iron braiser is similar to the one I use all the time in my kitchen!
A nice rolling pin is a must in every kitchen! I like my wooden rolling pin, but marble rollings pins are also great.
You’ll love this deep-dish casserole pan – perfect for everything from cinnamon rolls to lasagna.
And this off-set lifter will help you get those rolls out the pan and onto a plate to enjoy.