Strawberry Cinnamon Rolls Recipe (video)
If you’ve enjoyed my famous and highly-rated cinnamon rolls, you’ll love this new strawberry version of my classic recipe. These strawberry cinnamon rolls are stuffed full of fresh strawberries, then smothered in a creamy cream cheese icing. I absolutely love the fruity flavor of the strawberry combined with the warming spices and creamy frosting. And the aroma of these baking in the oven is simply mouthwatering! These fruit cinnamon rolls are perfect for a weekend breakfast or brunch!
Watch My Video!
Watch my video recipe for all the details and step-by-step instructions! Want to receive new recipe emails in your inbox? Make sure to subscribe to my website and my YouTube channel and turn on notifications!
How to Make Strawberry Cinnamon Rolls!
These incredible berry rolls are all about the strawberry flavor! First, I prepare the soft yeast dough, then roll it out and fill with my classic cinnamon sugar filling. To add the strawberry flavor, I add a ton of diced fresh strawberries directly into the filling! Make sure to sprinkle the diced berries with a bit of flour to keep the juices from running too much as the cinnamon rolls bake. Want even more strawberry flavor? Try spreading about 1/2 cup of strawberry preserves onto the dough along with the butter, before adding the cinnamon sugar. You’ll have even more fruity flavor!
Make Them Ahead of Time
I love that these strawberry cinnamon rolls can be made ahead of time! I almost always will assemble my rolls the evening or day before. Just arrange the rolls in your baking dish, allow the shaped rolls to proof for 15 minutes, then wrap the pan with plastic and place into the refrigerator until you’re ready to bake! Bake at the same temperature and for the same amount of time. And don’t forget to add the cream at the 10 minute baking mark! It’s what makes these cinnamon rolls very moist and tender.
Enjoyed these strawberry cinnamon rolls? Check out some of my other recipes you’re sure to enjoy!
- Classic Cinnamon Rolls – hundreds of 5-star reviews for this unique recipe!
- Raspberry Cinnamon Rolls – double the raspberries in every bite!
- Apple Pie Cinnamon Rolls – filled with delicious apple pie filling!
- Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls – with pumpkin and cinnamon sugar filling, plus a cream cheese icing!
- Lemon Poppy Seed Rolls – perfect for spring and summer! Lemon rolls filled with poppy seeds, topped with a lemon cream cheese icing!
Enjoyed this recipe? Please share and save it to Pinterest!
Strawberry Cinnamon Rolls Recipe (video)
For Yeast Dough:
- 1 cup warm milk
- 2 1/2 teaspoons dry yeast
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup butter, softened or melted
- 3 cups chopped strawberries
- 3 to 4 tablespoons flour
- 3/4 cup heavy cream, or half-and-half
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups confectioner’s sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Prepare the yeast dough first. Combine the warm milk and sugar in a large bowl, then sprinkle the dry yeast over the top. Allow the yeast to proof for about 5 minutes then whisk until smooth. Add the melted butter, eggs, salt and whisk again. Begin adding the flour, whisking at first, then switch over to a spatula.
- Once the dough comes together, turn it out onto a well floured work surface. Knead the dough for a few minutes until it’s smooth and elastic. The dough should be soft and slightly sticky. Place the dough into a large bowl, cover with a clean towel and set into a warm corner of your kitchen to proof until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- After dough has proofed, turn it out onto a floured work surface. Using a floured rolling pin, roll the dough out into a large rectangle, about 13×20-inches (33×50-cm). Spread the 1/3 cup melted or softened butter, making sure to spread to every edge. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Sprinkle the mixture over the butter, making sure to spread to every edge.
- Top with chopped strawberries. Sprinkle the strawberries with a few tablespoons of flour. Starting at one edge, gently roll the dough into a log, ending with the seam facing down. Using a sharp knife, divide the log into 12 equal pieces.
- Spray a glass baking dish with non-stick baking spray. Transfer the rolls into the pan. Cover the pan with a towel and allow the rolls to proof again for about 30 to 45 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350F/177C.
- Bake proofed rolls in preheated oven for 10 minutes. At the 10 minute mark, remove the rolls and pour over the 3/4 cup heavy cream. Return the rolls to the oven and continue baking until the rolls are golden brown, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the icing. Whisk together the softened cream cheese, cream, sugar, vanilla and salt until smooth. For a thinner icing, add more heavy cream. Spread icing over hot cinnamon rolls.
Tatyana, I’ve made these for Mother’s Day this year, and they were amazing!! Everyone loved them! They were fluffy and so moist not dry at all, and it didn’t take me long to make them! Thanks for the recipe!
Can I have this in metrics measurement as well please for this ONE and the blueberry rolls as well.
Hi! Just added the metric measurements to this recipe! Enjoy 🙂
Hi Linda! I’m so glad you enjoyed the recipe!