One of my favorite appetizer recipes, especially for summertime! I love this easy prosciutto and burrata cheese bruschetta appetizer! It’s made with creamy, fresh burrata cheese topped with balsamic glaze, olive oil, tomato bruschetta and basil, then served on toasted garlic baguette and sliced prosciutto! You’ll love how easy this appetizer comes together! And the best part? You can have it ready to enjoy in 5 minutes! Enjoy this bruschetta recipe with a glass of red wine before dinner for the perfect start to any meal!
Watch My Video!
Watch my YouTube video recipe for step-by-step instructions and watch me put this cheesy appetizer together! Want to receive new recipe emails in your inbox? Make sure to subscribe to my website and my YouTube channel and turn on notifications!
What is Burrata Cheese
For this bruschetta recipe, I’m using creamy burrata cheese. This creamy Italian cheese is made with mozzarella cheese and cream. The outside is a thin layer of cheese and the inside is filled with fresh and creamy mozzarella. You can find this type of cheese made with cow’s milk or even better, buffalo milk! It’s very mild in flavor, which makes it the perfect canvas for adding more flavors. Burrata cheese pairs very well with tomato bruschetta for this appetizer recipe!
You can find burrata cheese at your local grocers in the cheese aisle. It’s typically sold in a small, plastic box suspended in liquid or in a small pouch. Look for a local cheese if possible. Freshness is key for this soft cheese!
Putting It Together!
This burrata bruschetta is so easy to put together! I love to enjoy it especially on the weekends because it requires very little effort! Here’s how I put together this appetizer:
- Burrata Cheese: remove the cheese from the packaging and place it into a shallow dish, then cut it open to reveal the soft cheese inside.
- Olive Oil & Balsamic: drizzle a few tablespoons of olive oil over the top and add some balsamic glaze or vinegar on top. I also like to season the cheese with a bit of sea salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper.
- Tomato Bruschetta: grab your favorite prepared tomato bruschetta topping. It can be canned or freshly prepared. Add about ½ cup of the tomatoes over the top of the burrata cheese.
- Fresh Basil: chop some fresh basil and add it over the top. This is a must!
- Prosciutto: pull apart a few slices of prosciutto and arrange it on the side.
Make Your Own Tomato Bruschetta!
Want to make your own tomato bruschetta topping for this appetizer? It’s super easy to make! Here are the ingredients you’ll need: 4 diced Roma tomatoes; 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil; 2 to 3 minced garlic cloves; 1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil; 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar; salt and pepper to taste; ½ cup finely grated parmesan cheese (optional).
Toss together the diced tomatoes with the basil, garlic, olive oil, vinegar and parmesan cheese (if you want a cheesy option), then season the bruschetta to taste with salt and black pepper. This tomato topping is best enjoyed right away!
I love this burrata bruschetta recipe with thinly sliced prosciutto! It adds a salty and meaty flavor to the recipe. You can also prepare this appetizer with thinly sliced pancetta, bresaola, salami or even dry coppa. All these options will pair well with the cheese and tomato topping!
Easy, Toasted Garlic Bread
I serve the creamy burrata and bruschetta on a bed of toasted garlic baguette. It’s super easy to prepare, too! I like to slice a rustic French baguette on the diagonal to make long, thin slices. Then, I make a garlic and parsley butter spread and brush it over the bread. I toast the bread in the oven with the broiler setting on for a couple minutes. You can also use a toaster oven. Enjoy the bread with the cheesy spread while it’s nice and warm!
Serving the Appetizer
Ready to enjoy this incredible burrata bruschetta? Just grab a slice of toasted garlic bread and use a cheese spreader to apply a tablespoon or two of the burrata and bruschetta mixture. Top it off with a slice of prosciutto and you’re all set to go! For even more flavor, try adding a sprinkle of freshly ground black pepper and sea salt over the burrata.
Enjoyed this appetizer recipe? Check out some of my other appetizer recipes you’re sure to enjoy!
- 5 Crostini Recipes – enjoy a delectable spread of five types of crostini, with mushrooms, steak, smoked salmon and more!
- Ultimate Charcuterie Board – learn how to put together the best charcuterie board for your next party!
- Garlicky Tomato Toast – toasted bread rubbed with garlic, topped with creamy cheese and heirloom tomatoes! So delicious for summer!
- Spinach Panela Tarts – these cheesy mini tarts are filled with melted cheese and caramelized onions!
Share it on Pinterest!
Need some supplies to make this recipe? You can get them here (Amazon affiliate links):
- Balsamic Glaze – I love this glaze for topping salads, dishes and appetizers!
- Olio Verde Olive Oil – this is my favorite extra virgin olive oil!! It’s rich and robust, with no bitter aftertaste!
- Marble Cheese Knives – this set of cheese knives with marble handles are so elegant and pretty! I’m using the spreader in my video!
- Marble Cheese Board – you’ll be using this pretty board for all your cheese parties!