Prosciutto & Burrata Bruschetta Recipe (video)
One of my favorite appetizer recipes, especially for summertime! I love this easy prosciutto and burrata cheese bruschetta appetizer! It’s made with creamy, fresh burrata cheese topped with balsamic glaze, olive oil, tomato bruschetta and basil, then served on toasted garlic baguette and sliced prosciutto! You’ll love how easy this appetizer comes together! And the best part? You can have it ready to enjoy in 5 minutes! Enjoy this bruschetta recipe with a glass of red wine before dinner for the perfect start to any meal!
Watch My Bruschetta Video Tutorial!
Watch my YouTube video recipe for step-by-step instructions and watch me put this burrata bruschetta appetizer together! Want to receive new recipe emails in your inbox? Make sure to subscribe to my website emailing list and my YouTube channel and turn on notifications!
Ingredients for Prosciutto & Burrata Bruschetta Recipe
This quick and easy appetizer comes together in no time and requires just a few ingredients! Here’s what you’ll need:
- Burrata Cheese: find out more about this creamy cheese in the next paragraph! It’s so creamy and delicious!
- Baguette: use a classic or rustic French baguette as the base for this cheese appetizer. I like to toast the bread for best results.
- Prosciutto: salty and thinly sliced prosciutto goes so well with the cheese and tomatoes. You can also prepare this appetizer with thinly sliced pancetta, bresaola, salami or even dry coppa.
- Tomato Bruschetta: this tomato topping can be found and prepared many different ways. I used a bruschetta mix from Trader Joe’s for my recipe. You can find it as a fresh tomato sauce or canned.
- Fresh Basil: this refreshing herb is a must here!
- Olive Oil & Balsamic Glaze: use a good quality oil for the best tasting appetizer!
What is Burrata Cheese
For this bruschetta recipe, I’m using creamy burrata cheese. This creamy Italian cheese is made with mozzarella cheese and cream. The outside is a thin layer of cheese and the inside is filled with fresh and creamy mozzarella. You can find this type of cheese made with cow’s milk or even better, buffalo milk! It’s very mild in flavor, which makes it the perfect canvas for adding more flavors. Burrata cheese pairs very well with tomato bruschetta for this appetizer recipe!
You can find burrata cheese at your local grocers in the cheese aisle. It’s typically sold in a small, plastic box suspended in liquid or in a small pouch. Look for a local cheese if possible. Freshness is key for this soft cheese!
Easy, Toasted Garlic Bread
I serve the creamy burrata and bruschetta on a bed of toasted garlic baguette. It’s super easy to prepare, too! I like to slice a rustic French baguette on the diagonal to make long, thin slices. Then, I make a garlic and parsley butter spread and brush it over the bread. I toast the bread in the oven with the broiler setting on for a couple minutes. You can also use a toaster oven. Enjoy the bread with the cheesy spread while it’s nice and warm!
How to Make Prosciutto & Burrata Bruschetta
This burrata bruschetta is so easy to put together! I love to enjoy it especially on the weekends because it requires very little effort! Here’s how I put together this appetizer:
- Burrata Cheese: remove the cheese from the packaging and place it into a shallow dish, then cut it open to reveal the soft cheese inside.
- Olive Oil & Balsamic: drizzle a few tablespoons of olive oil over the top and add some balsamic glaze or vinegar on top. I also like to season the cheese with a bit of sea salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper.
- Tomato Bruschetta: grab your favorite prepared tomato bruschetta topping. It can be canned or freshly prepared. Add about ½ cup of the tomatoes over the top of the burrata cheese.
- Fresh Basil: chop some fresh basil and add it over the top. This is a must!
- Prosciutto: pull apart a few slices of prosciutto and arrange it on the side.
Serving the Burrata Bruschetta
Ready to enjoy this incredible burrata bruschetta? Just grab a slice of toasted garlic bread and use a cheese spreader to apply a tablespoon or two of the burrata and bruschetta mixture. Top it off with a slice of prosciutto and you’re all set to go! For even more flavor, try adding a sprinkle of freshly ground black pepper and sea salt over the burrata.
Make Your Own Tomato Bruschetta!
Want to make your own tomato bruschetta topping for this appetizer? It’s super easy to make! Here are the ingredients you’ll need: 4 diced Roma tomatoes; 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil; 2 to 3 minced garlic cloves; 1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil; 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar; salt and pepper to taste; ½ cup finely grated parmesan cheese (optional).
Toss together the diced tomatoes with the basil, garlic, olive oil, vinegar and parmesan cheese (if you want a cheesy option), then season the bruschetta to taste with salt and black pepper. This tomato topping is best enjoyed right away!
Enjoyed this appetizer recipe? Check out some of my other appetizer recipes you’re sure to enjoy!
- Prosciutto Wrapped Cheese Stuffed Dates – one of my favorites! Sweet dates stuffed with creamy cheese, wrapped in prosciutto, baked, and served with honey and balsamic glaze!
- Burrata, Tomato Prosciutto Sandwiches – toasted bread with garlic confit spread, fresh basil, sweet tomatoes, creamy cheese and prosciutto! Yummm!
- Ultimate Charcuterie Board – learn how to put together the best charcuterie board for your next party!
- Garlicky Tomato Toast – toasted bread rubbed with garlic, topped with creamy cheese and heirloom tomatoes! So delicious for summer!
- Garlicky Zucchini Tomato Crostini – one of my favorites! Crispy baguette topped with garlic mayo, fried zucchini and tomatoes!
Share it on Pinterest!
Need some supplies to make this recipe? You can get them here (Amazon affiliate links):
- Balsamic Glaze – I love this glaze for topping salads, dishes and appetizers!
- Olio Verde Olive Oil – this is my favorite extra virgin olive oil!! It’s rich and robust, with no bitter aftertaste!
- Marble Cheese Knives – this set of cheese knives with marble handles are so elegant and pretty! I’m using the spreader in my video!
- Marble Cheese Board – you’ll be using this pretty board for all your cheese parties!
Prosciutto & Burrata Bruschetta Recipe (video)
- 1 package of fresh burrata cheese
- 2 to 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic glaze or vinegar
- Small bunch fresh basil leaves
- ½ cup tomato bruschetta, canned or fresh
- 5 to 7 prosciutto slices
- ½ French baguette, sliced
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 tsp EACH: dried parsley, garlic granules/powder
- Remove the burrata cheese from the packaging and carefully transfer it into a large, shallow dish or bowl. Alternatively, you can place it onto a marble cheese board. Discard the liquids the cheese comes in. Use a knife to slice open the cheese.
- Drizzle the olive oil and balsamic glaze over the top. If desired, season the cheese with sea salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper.
- Spoon the tomato bruschetta over the burrata cheese. Check out my post above to make your own tomato bruschetta topping!
- Stack the fresh basil leaves into a small bundle, then use a sharp knife to chop the leaves. Sprinkle them over the bruschetta and cheese.
- Pull apart the slices of prosciutto into smaller pieces, then place around the cheese, on the edges.
- Slice the baguette on the diagonal, creating long, thin slices of bread and place onto an oven-safe tray. Place the butter into a small ramekin and melt it in the microwave. Sprinkle in the parsley and garlic granules or powder and mix. Use a pastry brush to brush the garlic butter over the sliced bread. Toast in the oven with the broiler set to ‘high’ for 3 to 5 minutes, until the bread is warm.
- To enjoy, use a cheese spreader and apply about 1 ½ to 2 tablespoons of the burrata bruschetta mixture onto a slice of warm bread. Top with a small piece of prosciutto and enjoy!
I made this and it turned out so so good and definitely a crowd pleaser. My husband loved it so much
Wonderful! I’m so glad you enjoyed the recipe! It’s one of our favorites, too!