If you love cheesecake, you’re going to love these white chocolate raspberry cheesecake bars! They’re made with a rich, chocolate cake base; velvety and fluffy white chocolate cheesecake; and dotted with fresh raspberries and raspberry preserves. Every bite is bursting with chocolate, cheesecake and berry flavor! These cheesecake bars are easy to make and perfect for entertaining!
Watch My Video!
Watch my video recipe for step-by-step instructions! Want new recipe updates? Make sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel to get email notifications!
The Brownie Base
For this recipe, I wanted to get away from the traditional graham cracker crust and went with a chocolate cake base instead. I used my ‘Basic Chocolate Cake Recipe’, which I use for so many of my cake creations. Watch my video recipe for the chocolate cake here:
- It’s easy to prepare, rich and chocolate-y! The cake on its own is delicious, but adding the cheesecake batter on top transforms the cake into the best brownie ever! After baking, the base is rich and fudgy – perfect for these raspberry cheesecake bars!
The Secret To An Amazing Cheesecake!
Want to know how to make the fluffiest and most amazing cheesecake ever? Just add ricotta cheese! The combination of cream cheese and ricotta cheese makes the cheesecake less dense and more fluffy, resulting in an unforgettable texture. You can use the ricotta cheese trick for almost any cheesecake recipe; just substitute 8 ounces cream cheese with whole milk ricotta.
In addition to the ricotta cheese, I also added melted white chocolate. The chocolate helps make the cheesecake even more rich and velvety. The white chocolate cheesecake layer is then dotted with fresh raspberries and raspberry preserves.
Enjoyed this recipe for cheesecake bars? Check out some of my other recipes you’re sure to enjoy!
- White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake – the BEST ever raspberry cheesecake with tart raspberry sauce and whipped cream! Rich, creamy and delicious!
- Red Velvet Brownie Cheesecake – with a rich brownie base and chocolate covered strawberries!
- Triple Strawberry Cheesecake – red velvet cheesecake with strawberry mousse and whipped cream. Amazing!!
- German Chocolate Cheesecake – rich and velvety smooth chocolate cheesecake with coconut!
- Chocolate Raspberry Cake – the ultimate raspberry cake with crushed berry filling, fruity raspberry buttercream and rich chocolate cake layers!
Share it on Pinterest!
Need some supplies to make this recipe? Here are the products I used for this recipe (Amazon affiliate links):
- My KitchenAid stand mixer is always handy!
- This metal casserole dish is perfect for this cheesecake, brownies, cinnamon rolls and lasagna!
- And this small offset spatula is so handy!
Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake Bars Recipe (video)
- 32 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta
- 1 cup white chocolate chips, melted
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup raspberry preserves
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips, for topping
For Chocolate Cake:
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 2 tbsp instant coffee
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder, I used Hershey's Dark Cocoa Powder
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips, melted
For Whipped Cream:
- 1 cup heavy cream, chilled
- 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
For Chocolate Brownie Base:
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a 13x9-inch brownie pan with parchment paper, leaving a few inches of overhang. Prepare the chocolate cake first. In a large mixing bowl, cream together the softened butter and sugar. Then add in the eggs and vanilla extract. Mix again until creamy. Prepare the coffee: dissolve the 2 tablespoons of granules in 1/4 cup water, then add to the batter along with the milk.
- In a separate bowl, combine all the dry ingredients: flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder. Mix together, then sift into the cake batter to get rid of any clumps. Using a hand whisk, mix the flour into the batter just until combined. Be careful not to over-mix the batter! Gently fold in melted chocolate at the very end.
- Pour the chocolate cake batter into the prepared pan and then add dollops of the raspberry preserves over the top. Use a toothpick or knife and swirl the preserves into the cake. Bake the chocolate cake for 15 minutes, then remove.
- Meanwhile, prepare the cheesecake batter. Place the softened cream cheese into a mixer bowl and mix on medium-high speed for 5 to 7 minutes, scraping down the sides of the mixing bowl often, until the cream cheese is fluffy. Add the ricotta cheese, melted white chocolate and sugar next. Mix again for a few minutes until the mixture is uniform. Add the eggs last and mix again for 1 to 2 minutes, until well combined.
- Carefully pour the cheesecake batter over the chocolate cake base and spread evenly. Press fresh raspberries into the cheesecake batter.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 325F. Place the cheesecake pan onto a large baking pan and fill the pan with water; a waterbath will help keep the cheesecake level and prevent cracking. Bake the cheesecake at 325F for 1 hour and 30 minutes; until the sides are set and the center is just slightly wobbly. Turn off the oven, open the oven door slightly and allow the cheesecake to cool in the oven for at least an hour. Then transfer the cheesecake into the refrigerator to set overnight.
- Once the cheesecake has set, lift the cheesecake out of the pan using the parchment paper as a handle. Use a long, serrated knife to cut the cake into squares. Melt the 1/4 cup white chocolate and transfer into a small bag, cut off the tip and drizzle over the bars. Top each bar with a dollop of whipped cream, fresh raspberries and mint leaves.
- For the whipped cream: place the chilled heavy cream, sugar and vanilla into a mixer bowl. Whisk on medium-high speed for 4 to 5 minutes, until stiff peaks form. Transfer the whipped cream into a pastry bag tipped with a star tip.