Raspberry Caramel Mousse Cake Recipe (video)
How stunning is this raspberry-filled caramel mousse cake?! It’s not only beautiful but also delicious! This no-bake cheesecake mousse cake is made with a graham cracker crust, a surprise raspberry jello center surrounded by velvety caramel mousse and garnished with dollops of whipped cream and chocolate garnishes. This epic caramel and raspberry dessert is fit for a queen and you can enjoy it for a special occasion or ‘just because’!
Watch My Cake Video!
Watch my step-by-step video tutorial for all the details! Plus, learn how to make the chocolate garnishes in my step-by-step video recipe! The chocolate garnishes are so fun to make and they make the cake look like a million dollars! And make sure you’re subscribed to my YouTube channel to get updates whenever a new recipe goes live!
Homemade Caramel Sauce
Seriously, though! This slice of cake with the raspberry jello center is perfect anytime! I made this mousse cake with my homemade caramel sauce! It’s super easy to make and wayyyy better than the store bought variety. Just place the caramel into the refrigerate to set up a bit, then use in this recipe. Get the recipe for my homemade caramel sauce here; it’s the only recipe you’ll ever need! http://tatyanaseverydayfood.com/recipe-items/caramel-sauce/
The Chocolate Garnishes
I topped my caramel mousse cake with delicate and stunning chocolate garnishes. These are so easy to make at home and they really elevate any dessert to a new level! I have an in-depth video tutorial for making these garnishes. Check out that video HERE for more details!
No-Bake Caramel Cheesecake
I also call this my No-Bake Caramel Cheesecake since this recipe does include a bit of cream cheese. While it’s definitely not as dense as a regular cheesecake, this version still has that delicious flavor! The cheese helps stabilize the cream, helping it set better, and it provides great taste. If you don’t like the tangy flavor of cream cheese, mascarpone cheese will also work well for this no-bake cheesecake!
Looking for more mousse cake recipes? Try these cheesecakes and mousse cakes next!
- Triple Chocolate Cheesecake – three layers of chocolate cheesecake!
- Chocolate Pomegranate Mousse Cake – pomegranate gelee with chocolate mousse!
- Lemon Mousse Cake – the best ever lemon cake recipe! Made with fluffy lemon mousse.
- Mandarin Mousse Cake – delicate mandarin mousse with sponge cake.
- White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake – the BEST ever raspberry cheesecake with tart raspberry sauce and whipped cream! Rich, creamy and delicious!
Share it on Pinterest!
Need some supplies to make this recipe? You can get them here (Amazon affiliate links):
- I use a bulk roll of acetate cake collar for cakes and chocolate garnishes.
- Use this comb spatula for the chocolate garnishes.
- This tall spring form pan is great for cakes and cheesecakes.
- And this set of jumbo cake decorating tips has all my favorite tips.
Raspberry Caramel Mousse Cake Recipe (video)
- 10 graham crackers, 1 1/2 cups (128 g) graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 oz raspberry jell-o mix
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup iced water
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 8 oz cream cheese or mascarpone, softened
- 1 cup caramel sauce, or dulce de leche
- 2 1/2 cups heavy cream, chilled
- 3 tsp unflavored gelatin
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
For Whipped Cream:
- 1 cup heavy cream, chilled
- 1/3 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
For Chocolate Art (Optional):
- 1 cup dark chocolate melts
- 1/2 cup red chocolate melts
- Line the bottom and sides of an 8-inch (20 cm) round cake pan with plastic wrap; or, use a silicone pan. In a large bowl or measuring cup, combine the raspberry gelatin mixture and 1 cup boiling water. Stir until the gelatin is completely dissolved, then add the iced water. Arrange 1 cup of fresh raspberries around the edges of the pan and in the center. Pour the prepared gelatin over the raspberries. Place the jello into the refrigerator to set; about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, prepare the graham cracker crust. This cake can be made with regular or chocolate crackers. Place them into a food processor and pulse into fine crumbs. Add the melted butter and pulse again until the crumbs are well coated. Transfer the crumbs into a 9-inch spring form pan. Using a large spoon, press the crumbs into the bottom of the pan to form an even and firm crust.
- When raspberry jello has set, prepare the caramel mousse. In a large mixing bowl, beat together the softened cream cheese or mascarpone and caramel sauce for a few minutes, until smooth and creamy. Add the chilled heavy cream and beat again until stiff peaks form, another 3 to 4 minutes.
- In a small ramekin, combine the unflavored gelatin and water; stir to combine until no clumps remain. Heat the gelatin in the microwave for 30 to 45 seconds, until gelatin is completely dissolved. Pour the hot gelatin into the mousse mixture and mix again for 1 minute, until well combined.
- Remove the raspberry jello from refrigerator and invert into the 9-inch spring form pan onto the crust. Remove the pan, then gently remove the plastic wrap and discard. Pour the prepared caramel mousse over the raspberry layer, giving the pan a few hard taps to rid of any air pockets. Level the top with an off-set spatula. Place the cake into the refrigerator to set for 6 to 8 hours, or overnight.
- Once cake has set, transfer onto a cake stand and garnish with whipped cream and more raspberries.
For Chocolate Art:
- For Chocolate Garnish: melt both the dark chocolate and red chocolate melts in separate bowls. Measure out a 16×3-inch strip of acetate or plastic cake collar. First, pour the red chocolate onto the acetate and use a spatula to spread it in an even layer. Use a honeycomb bench scraper to create designs in the chocolate. Allow the first layer of chocolate to set completely before adding the dark chocolate. Place the sheet into the refrigerator for 1 to 2 minutes to set faster.
- Pour the dark chocolate over the first layer and use a spatula to spread evenly. Allow the chocolate to semi-set, then use a sharp knife to score the chocolate into triangles. Once chocolate has set completely, carefully peel away from the acetate.
wow! This is super-sexy! Shouldn’t we bake the crust for a few minutes? Does it hold its shape without baking?
Thank you! You can certainly bake it. I think it depends on what type of cookies you use but those tender to hold up well 🙂
Would the mirror glaze work on this cake?
Hi! Yes, that’s a great idea! It would work beautifully 🙂
Thank you !! One more question, would I still have to cover the cake in buttercream in order to do the mirror glaze ?
No, not necessary for mousse cakes. Just smooth the sides with a spatula.
I could probably use frozen raspberries in the Jello part huh?
Yes, frozen raspberries will work well 🙂
Could you please make a no-bake caramel cheesecake ??
Share the recipe soon, I would love to make it for my husband’s birthday ?
Also, would strawberries work with the above recipe instead if raspberries? And would the base taste better with brownie? Please leave suggestions ?
You can use this same recipe without the raspberry center for a plain no-bake caramel cheesecake. Strawberries would also work well 🙂
Oh A’right ! 😀
I love your creations?
They amaze me, is such an inspiration ?
One more question, I gotta organize a birthday party, so please suggest me, If acoording to you, the red velvet strawberry mousse cheesecake, or the rasberry mousse cheesecake or a caramel cheesecake would turn out to be great?
I would love to hear from you ?
I’m so glad you enjoy my recipes! 🙂 I think the red velvet cheesecake is the most festive for a birthday party. I also love my tripe coffee cheesecake 🙂
Hi, Where can I find red chocolate melts in grocery stores in the US?
I picked mine up at Michael’s. They also sell them online on Amazon
Hi Tatyana! This looks delicious! I was wondering, what is rasberry gelatin mixture? Is there a way to make it? Thanks!
HI! Sorry for the confusion! It’s just raspberry jello.
I made this cake couple of weeks ago,and everyone loved it. It is absolutely delicious! But im not able to print this recipe for some reason. I tried a few times and it just gives me basic info about this recipe.It happened with some other recipes on your website.What could be the problem? Thank you!
Hi Liliya! I’m so glad you enjoyed the recipe! 🙂 I’m not sure what’s going on but I’ll take a look from my end! Thank you for letting me know!
Hi! I’d love to make this. I only have regular 9 inch springform pans – not the tall one you have. Would it still work okay, or would it overflow if I don’t used the extra tall one?
Hi! You should be just fine with a regular spring form pan. This cake isn’t too tall, I add the plastic to make it easier to remove the cake from the pan. You can also spray the sides with a non-stick baking spray. Enjoy!