A chocolate cheesecake like you’ve never had before! This over-the-top, indulgent, velvety raspberry cheesecake will win over your taste buds – luscious chocolate cheesecake made with a chocolate crust, combined with bits of caramel and fresh raspberries, garnished with more raspberries and chocolate drizzle! If you’re not counting your calories and looking for the perfect indulgent dessert, this caramel cheesecake is for you! It’s a great choice around the holiday season if you’re hosting a dinner. Also, enjoy it for Valentine’s Day with that someone special.
Watch My Cheesecake Video!
Watch my YouTube video recipe for all the sweet details and step-by-step instructions! Want to receive new recipe emails in your inbox? Make sure to subscribe to my website and my YouTube channel and turn on notifications!
Ingredients for Raspberry Chocolate Cheesecake!
I’ve always loved the combination of chocolate and raspberry and I wanted to combine those flavors to create the ultimate chocolate cheesecake. The end result – one of my favorite cheesecake recipes! The combination of flavors is spot-on and simply divine! This cheesecake recipe starts with a delicious chocolate graham cracker cookie base – this base layer adds even more chocolate flavor! For the batter, I start with a basic cheesecake batter: cream cheese, sour cream, sugar and eggs. Then, I add in melted chocolate and caramel bits into the batter for the best flavor!
For the berry flavor in this raspberry cheesecake, I add fresh raspberries and caramel bits directly onto the prepared chocolate crust. Once you have the chocolate batter ready, just pour it over the arranged berries!
Using the Water Bath Method
For baking the cheesecake, I recommend trying to use a water bath to keep the top level and to prevent cracking. I didn’t do this step in my video recipe but you’ll love the results! Just make sure to double wrap the bottom of your springform pan with foil to prevent any water from getting into your cake. After baking, I let the cheesecake set in the refrigerator overnight, then remove it from the spring form pan.
Garnishing the Cheesecake!
Garnish the top of this chocolate caramel cheesecake with fresh raspberries, caramel and a simple drizzle of melted chocolate for a stunning, show-stopping result. If you can’t find caramel bites in your local grocery store, consider using some caramel sauce instead. You can simply drizzle the sauce over the cheesecake and bake per the recipe. Make your own ‘Homemade Caramel Sauce’ with my simple recipe! You’ll never need store-bought sauce again!
Enjoyed this cheesecake recipe? Check out some of my other recipes you’re sure to enjoy!
- White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake – rich, creamy and delicious! Topped with tart raspberry sauce, fresh berries and whipped cream!
- Next, try my ‘Caramel Raspberry Mousse Cake’ made with a caramel mousse with a raspberry gelee center!
- Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake Bars – the most delicious raspberry cheesecake with a rich brownie base!
- Strawberry Red Velvet Cheesecake – triple layered cheesecake with strawberry mousse and whipped cream!
- Brownie Red Velvet Cheesecake – rich red velvet cheesecake with a rich brownie base, strawberries and cream!
Please share and save it to Pinterest!
Need some supplies to make this recipe? You can get them here (Amazon affiliate links):
Caramel Raspberry Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe (video)
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate cookie crumbs, graham crackers or Oreo cookies
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup caramel bites or chopped soft caramels
- 32 ounces cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup caramel bites or chopped soft caramels
- fresh raspberries
- melted chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 325F. Prepare a 9 or 10-inch springform pan: line with parchment paper and spray sides with non-stick spray.
- In a small bowl, combine the cookie crumbs and melted butter; Stir until no dry crumbs remain. Alternatively, place the whole crackers into a food processor and pulse until fine crumbs form, about 1 minute. Pour in the melted butter and pulse again for 1 minute, until the crumbs are well coated. Transfer mixture into springform pan and use the back of a large spoon to press the crumb mixture into the bottom of the pan, creating a firm and even base. Sprinkle fresh raspberries and 1/2 cup caramel bites over the crust; set aside.
- Attach the flat beater to your mixer and add the softened cream cheese into the mixer bowl. Beat the cream cheese for 5-8 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl often, until the cream cheese is light and fluffy. Add in the sour cream, vanilla, eggs and sugar and continue beating for another 5 minutes until no clumps remain! Stop and scrape down the sides of the bowl often.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate chips in microwave or over a double boiler. Add the melted chocolate into the cream cheese batter and beat until the chocolate is incorporated, about 1 minute. Fold in 1/2 cup of caramel bites into the batter. Let the cheesecake batter stand for 10 to 15 minutes to allow any trapped air bubbles to rise to the top; tap sides of bowl if necessary. Pour the chocolate batter over the prepared crust and use a flat spatula to even off the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 325F for 40 minutes, then turn the oven temperature down to 300F and bake for an additional 40 to 50 minutes. The center should be set on top but still wobbly on the inside. Turn the oven off and crack open the oven door a few inches; let the cake cool in the oven with the door ajar for 1 hour. Then, remove the cheesecake from oven and let it cool for a few more hours at room temperature. Place the cooled cheesecake into refrigerator overnight to set completely.
- The next day, run a flat spatula along the edge of the pan to release the cake from the form, then gently lift the form off the cake. If desired, transfer the cheesecake onto a cake stand. Arrange fresh raspberries over the top of the cake. Melt a few tablespoons of chocolate and place into a ziplock bag, cut off a corner and drizzle chocolate of the top for extra garnish. You can also drizzle the top with caramel sauce. Keep cheesecake refrigerated and remove 30 minutes before serving.
- Enjoyed this recipe? Please consider leaving me a comment or rating review to help my blog!