Juicy Pork with Avocado Zoodles (video)
Zoodle salads are all rage right now for keto diets and low carb diets! My creamy avocado zoodle salad is topped with juicy and tender pork sirloin. The zucchini noodles are combined with peppers and carrots and dressed with a homemade cilantro and avocado dressing! Have this delicious meal ready in no time!
Watch My Video!
Watch my video recipe for more info and step-by-step instructions! Want to receive new recipe emails in your inbox? Make sure to subscribe to my website and my YouTube channel and turn on notifications!
How to Make Zoodles
Zoodles are a new and fun way to enjoy your veggies! For this creamy avocado zoodle salad, I’m using spiralized zucchinis. You’ll need a zoodle maker for making the vegetable noodles. There are a few different types available, like this fancy and heavy duty version; or, simple and less expensive versions like this one (affiliate links). You can use this for carrots and other vegetables, too! Watch my video recipe to see how to spiralize the zucchini, then dress it with my creamy avocado dressing! This low-carb, keto recipe is perfect if you’re on the keto diet!
Preparing the Juicy Pork
Enjoy this zoodle salad topped with some juicy and flavorful pork sirloin. For this recipe, I used Smithfield’s Garlic & Herb Sirloin but feel free to use plain pork tenderloin or sirloin and add your own seasonings. This recipe will also work well with chicken! To season your own chicken or pork, first pat the chicken or pork dry with a paper towel. Drizzle a few tablespoons of olive oil over the meat, season generously with salt and pepper and add about a tablespoon of your favorite herb blend. I really like Italian herbs for this recipe. Also, add about a teaspoon of garlic powder, then rub the spices all over the meat until well coated.
Enjoyed this delicious zoodle salad? Check out some of my ‘Keto Recipes’ section for more low-carb and keto recipes!
- Keto Salmon Salad – with a poached egg and avocado! So delicious!
- Cucumber Cabbage Salad – so crunchy and refreshing, with cucumbers and almonds.
- BLT Salad – made with bacon, cheese and loads of vegetables!
- Spinach Chicken Salad – one of my favorites, with juicy chicken and cheese.
Share it on Pinterest!
Juicy Pork with Avocado Zoodles (video)
- 1 pound Smithfield Marinated Pork Sirloin in 'Garlic & Herb' flavor
- OR, plain pork tenderloin
- OR, 2-3 chicken breasts
- 1 large avocado
- 2 garlic cloves
- Small bunch of fresh cilantro
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 to 4 large zucchinis
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 large shallot
- For this recipe, I used Smithfield's Garlic & Herb Sirloin but feel free to use plain pork tenderloin or sirloin and add your own seasonings. This recipe will also work well with chicken! To season your own chicken or pork, first pat the chicken or pork dry with a paper towel. Drizzle a few tablespoons of olive oil over the meat, season generously with salt and pepper and add about a tablespoon of your favorite herb blend. I really like Italian herbs for this recipe. Also, add about a teaspoon of garlic powder, then rub the spices all over the meat until well coated. Let the meat stand for 30 minutes, then prepare.
- Prepare the marinated pork: preheat the oven to 400F. Remove the pork from packaging. Using a sharp knife, split the pork sirloin into four equal strips: cut the sirloin in half lengthwise, then each section in half again. See my video recipe to see how it's done. This will cut down cooking time significantly. Drizzle a tablespoon of olive oil over a baking pan or large frying pan and add the sectioned pork. Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 150F.
- If making this salad with chicken, preheat a frying pan over medium heat and add a drizzle of oil. Brown the chicken all over, approximately 6 to 7 minutes per side. Transfer the pan into the preheated oven and finish cooking the chicken, about 15 to 25 minutes, depending on size of chicken breast. Internal temperature should reach 165F.
- Meanwhile, prepare the dressing (5 minutes): place the avocado, garlic cloves, cilantro, lime juice, olive oil, salt and about ½ teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper into a food processor. Pulse and puree for a few minutes until the dressing is smooth. Set aside until ready to use.
- Prepare the salad (10 minutes): wash zucchinis and leave unpeeled. Using a spiral cutter, create the “zoodles”, long zucchini noodles. Place them into a large bowl. Slice the red bell pepper into thin slices. Add the red bell pepper, diced shallot and shredded carrots to the zoodles. Add the prepared avocado dressing to the bowl and use kitchen tongs to toss and coat the vegetables.
- For serving: once the meat is done, remove it from the oven and allow the meat to rest at least 5 minutes, or until ready to serve. Using a sharp knife, slice the sirloin or chicken into serving-size medallions. Plate a generous amount of the zoodle salad and top with pork medallions. Serve immediately.