My husband and I absolutely love a good breakfast and this loaded breakfast burrito is the ultimate breakfast recipe! It’s loaded with seasoned hash browns, bacon, breakfast sausage, peppers, cheese, scrambled eggs and home-made guacamole! It’s the perfect breakfast recipe for a weekend brunch, or make it ahead of time and make it for a breakfast on the go to work or school! Get my make-ahead tips below!
Watch My Video!
Watch my video recipe for all the details! Want new recipe updates? Subscribe to my YouTube channel to get a notification each time a new recipe goes live!
The Best Breakfast Burrito!
This breakfast sausage burrito is packed with so much incredible flavor and it’s juicy! I love this version with no rice – it makes the burrito so delicious and moist! Instead of rice, I load use tons of hash browns, veggies, cheese, protein, and of course, cheese. The hash browns are the best replacement for rice for this easy recipe! Every bite tastes like a buffet breakfast in one bite. Serve these burritos with a side of mango salsa (my favorite!) and sour cream.
You can enjoy this breakfast burrito two different ways – fresh and warmed on the pan with butter or oil; or, you can wrap the burritos in paper and foil and place into the freezer. These are great when reheated in the oven or in the microwave. Preheat oven to 425F and bake for 18 to 20 minutes. Heat in the microwave for 4 to 5 minutes, turning half way through the heating process. Make sure to leave the avocado out of the burrito if you will be freezing it! They don’t freeze very well. I like to serve a bit of guacamole on the side instead.
Enjoyed this breakfast recipe? Check out some of my other recipes you’re sure to enjoy!
- Croissant Breakfast Sandwich – with bacon, cheese, ham, egg and avocado! So delicious!
- Sausage & Cheddar Croissants – easy, savory croissant with cheddar and juicy breakfast sausage!
- Breakfast Egg Muffins – these egg muffins are stuffed with potatoes, veggies and sausage!
- Bacon & Cheese Quiche – the best ever quiche with loads of cheese, bacon bits and veggies!
- Sheet Pan Breakfast Potatoes – a complete, mouthwatering breakfast, made in one pan! With bacon, sausage, peppers and more!
Please save and share it to Pinterest!
Need some supplies to make this recipe? You can get them here (Amazon affiliate links):
- I love my Analon non-stick frying pan. It’s still as good as on day one!
- This set of glass mixing bowls is a must – they’re so handy for food prep.
- These aluminum baking sheets are great for baking just about anything!
- I love these little spatulas for spreading fillings and frostings.
Ultimate Breakfast Burrito Recipe (video)
- 3 to 6 slices bacon
- 5 to 6 maple sausage links
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 to 5 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons cream
- 4 cups hash browns, frozen
- smoked paprika, chili powder, garlic powder
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese
- 2 large avocados
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- juice from 1 lime
- small bunch chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon finely minced red onion
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 6 large flour tortillas
- favorite hot sauce
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 425F. Place the hash browns into a large bowl and season generously with salt, ground black pepper, smoked paprika, garlic powder and a bit of chili powder. Toss the hash browns until well seasoned, then spread over a baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 23-25 minutes, until crispy and golden.
- Meanwhile, prepare the filling. Heat a large frying pan over medium heat and render the bacon until crispy. Remove the bacon onto a tray lined with paper towels to absorb the excess oil. Chop the breakfast sausage into smaller pieces, then add into the same pan along with the peppers and onion.
- Saute the mixture for 5 to 6 minutes, until the peppers are tender. Remove the mixture from the pan and set aside. Add 1 tablespoon of butter to the pan and melt. Add eggs and cook over medium-low heat, stirring lightly with a spatula for 1 to 2 minutes. Add a few tablespoons of cream and season with salt and pepper. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Prepare the guacamole: using a large fork, mash the avocados into a chunky puree. Season with lime juice, salt, olive oil and mix in sour cream.
- Chop the bacon into smaller bits.
- Assemble the breakfast burrito: spread a few tablespoons of guacamole over each tortilla. Top with a generous amount of cheddar cheese, then add 7 to 9 hash browns, several spoonfuls of sausage and pepper mixture, scrambled eggs, bacon bits and add a few dashes of your favorite hot sauce. To roll the burritos, fold over the sides first, then tightly roll into a log.
- To heat the burritos, preheat a large frying pan over medium-low heat. Add a drizzle of olive oil and heat the burritos, seam side down first for 7 to 9 minutes, until golden brown all over. Serve hot with a side of sour cream and salsa.