Say ‘hello’ to your new favorite breakfast recipe! These cheesy cheddar cheese, breakfast sausage savory croissant buns are epic and made with just six ingredients! They are ridiculous easy to make and so delicious – I promise you’ll be having 3 or 4 of these in no time. These savory croissants are great for breakfast, lunch, as a snack or anytime of the day. Make them ahead of time and keep them in the fridge, then reheat!
Watch My Video!
Watch my video recipe for more details! Want to receive new recipe updates? Make sure to subscribe to my emailing list and my YouTube channel and turn on notifications!
How to Make Breakfast Croissants
I make these sausage croissant buns with juicy, maple-flavored breakfast sausage. I love the flavor of maple combined with the cheddar cheese and fluffy croissant dough. I love using store-bought croissant dough for this recipe. That way, I can have these in the oven in about 15 minutes! For this recipe, I used Pillsbury croissant dough sheet – it’s the perfect dough for this recipe. You just need to unpack, unroll and top!
I top the sausage with loads of cheddar cheese. You can also use your favorite cheese, or try this with some smoked gouda or cheddar. The smoky flavor would be amazing, too! I also add a few dashes of Tabasco chipotle pepper sauce. I love the smoky flavor of the hot sauce! Feel free to use your favorite brand. And that’s it! The savory croissant buns need to hit the oven for 13 to 15 minutes and they’re ready to be enjoyed!
Want more make-ahead breakfast recipes? Check out some of my other recipes you’re sure to enjoy!
- Croissant Breakfast Sandwich – the ultimate treat! With bacon, cheese, avocado and more!
- Try my ‘Loaded Breakfast Burritos’ – with sausage, bacon, potatoes and so much more!
- Have you ever tried ‘Savory Cheese Toast’? This is like French toast and grilled cheese sandwich in one!
- Bacon & Garlic Rolls – the best dinner rolls stuffed with bacon bits, cheese and garlic butter!
Enjoyed this easy breakfast recipe? Save it to Pinterest for later!
Need some supplies to make this recipe? You can get them here (Amazon affiliate links):
- This two-handled saute pan is very similar to the one I have and use.
- Aluminum sheet pans are great for baking cakes, desserts and savory anything!
- You’ll love these silicone mats – perfect for non-stick baking.
Cheddar & Sausage Breakfast Croissants (video)
- 2 packs Pillsbury croissant dough sheets
- 16 maple sausage links
- 1 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- hot sauce
- 2 tbsp parlsey
- 1 egg, for egg wash
- Preheat the oven to 375F. Line one to two large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone mats.
- Preheat a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the sausage links to the pan, along with a drizzle of olive oil, if needed. Fry the sausages until cooked thoroughly and well browned. Remove them from the pan onto a tray lined with paper towels to absorb the excess grease.
- Next, unroll the croissant dough sheets onto your work surface. Using a pastry dough or pizza cutter, cut the rectangle into 8 equal squares. Top each square with 1 1 1/2 tablespoons of cheddar cheese, add one sausage and add more cheese on top. Finish with a few dashes of your favorite hot sauce and sprinkle with dried parsley.
- To shape the buns, pinch together the dough ends around the ends of the sausage, creating a boat shape. Transfer the croissants onto the prepared baking sheet. In a small bowl, whisk the egg until smooth, then use a pastry brush to brush each bun with the egg. Sprinkle more parsley and cheese on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 13 to 15 minutes, until the dough is golden brown. Remove and let cool for a few minutes before enjoying. If making ahead of time, allow the croissants to cool completely, then place into an airtight container and refrigerate.