One of my all-time favorite breakfast recipes! This epic bacon and cheddar croissant breakfast sandwich is bound to become a family favorite! It’s made with a fluffy and buttery croissant, fried egg, smoky bacon, cheddar cheese, ham and of course, avocado! And you’ll love the chipotle aioli sauce I use! Plus, it’s easy enough to make any day of the week for breakfast!
Want to receive new recipe emails in your inbox? Make sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel and turn on notifications!
How to Make a Breakfast Sandwich
Breakfast sandwiches are my favorite breakfast item! They’re super easy to make and require just a few ingredients! Let’s start with the croissant bread! I like to use extra-large and fluffy croissants; I especially like the ones from Costco! Slice the bread in half and get the bread toasted using a toaster oven, the broiler or just heat a pan over high heat. You want the bread to be warm and crispy. Next, slather on your favorite spread! I like to use a combination of mayonnaise and this chipotle aioli sauce! You can make your own aioli chipotle sauce too!
- Aioli Chipotle Sauce Recipe: combine 1 cup mayonnaise with 1 teaspoon EACH of smoked paprika, ground chipotle pepper and garlic powder. Add 1/4 teaspoon EACH onion powder, mustard powder and optional cayenne pepper for some spiciness. Whisk together for 1 minute and keep refrigerated.
- Next, get a pan nice and hot and prepare the bacon and eggs. I like to have extra bacon on each sandwich and usually use 2 slices per sandwich. The eggs can be done to your level of preference – runny yolk or well done both work well for this recipe!
- And then it’s time to put together this amazing croissant sandwich! Layer on the sliced avocado, sliced cheddar cheese, sliced smoked ham and top with the crispy bacon and egg. Season with salt to taste and enjoy with a side of sliced heirloom tomatoes!
Make it Ahead of Time!
If you want to make this breakfast sandwich ahead of time, that’s super easy to do! Put together the sandwich as usual but leave off the avocado, which you can add later or omit all together. Allow the sandwich to cool completely if you are planning to refrigerate it. Once cooled, wrap it in a paper towel first, then with plastic wrap or foil. The paper towel will absorb any moisture, keeping the sandwich fresh. When ready to enjoy, just reheat in the microwave for 30 seconds, or in a toaster oven until nice and warm.
Looking for more easy breakfast recipe ideas? I have plenty of delicious options on my blog!
- Savory French Toast Sandwich – grilled cheese sandwiches dipped in a savory egg custard! So delicious!
- Breakfast Egg Muffins – super easy and delicious, make-ahead breakfast muffins!
- Smoked Salmon Benedict – my famous benedict is perfect for a weekend brunch!
- Ultimate Breakfast Burrito – so good and packed with potato, sausage and veggies!
Enjoyed this recipe? Save it to Pinterest!