Easy Dutch Baby Pancake Recipe (video)
Ready to transform your breakfast? The Dutch Baby Pancake recipe is the answer! If you’re tired of regular old pancakes, you will love this new pancake recipe prepared in a cast-iron skillet in the oven. It’s fluffy, moist and also fun to make! I love to top mine off with maple syrup, tons of fruit and berries, and a generous amount of whipped cream! It’s the perfect weekend breakfast recipe!
Watch My Video!
Make sure to watch my video recipe for all the details!Want new recipe updates? Subscribe to my YouTube channel to get a notification each time a new recipe goes live!
Preparing the Batter
This Dutch pancake recipe requires a smooth and clump-free batter. The easiest way to prepare a smooth pancake or crepe batter is to use a food blender or processor. Just add all the ingredients at once, then blend until smooth! Allow the batter to rest for a few minutes, then use. Once you try this blender trick, you’ll never go back to making pancake batter the same!
Serving the Pancakes
Serve this Dutch baby pancake immediately after removing from oven! When I make this pancake at home, I prepare the rest of my breakfast spread when the pancake is baking. Don’t leave the pancake in the pan for too long; otherwise, it will become soggy and deflate. For serving, add all your favorite toppings! I like my pancakes with fruit and berries, so I added fresh nectarines, strawberries and blueberries. For a little crunch, I added some sliced almonds. And no pancake would be complete without lots of maple syrup!
Looking for more great breakfast recipes? Make sure to check out some of my other recipes you’re sure to enjoy!
- Sheet Pan Blueberry Pancakes – the fluffiest and most delicious blueberry pancakes, prepared in a sheet pan and served with whipped cream!
- Cinnamon Buttermilk Waffles – the fluffiest waffles coated in cinnamon sugar!
- My ‘BEST French Toast’ recipe really is the best! Made with soft and buttery brioche bread and loaded with fruit!
- Croissant French Toast Casserole – easy way to make a large batch of the most delicious French toast, topped with berries and maple syrup!
Share it on Pinterest!
Need some supplies to make this recipe? You can get them here (Amazon affiliate links):
- I love my Ninja blender for making crepe and pancake batter – it makes the batter super smooth.
- This Lodge pre-seasoned cast iron pan is great for Dutch pancakes.
- The dark blue cast iron trivet is such a beautiful addition to my kitchen!
Dutch Baby Pancake Recipe (video)
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 2 tbsp white granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract, optional
- Additional 1 tbsp butter
- 1 cup heavy cream, chilled
- 1/4 cup white granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh berries and fruit
- 1/4 cup maple syrup, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350F. Preheat a small, cast-iron skillet in the oven.
- Meanwhile, prepare the pancake batter. Place all the ingredients into a blender or food processor. Blend for 1 to 2 minutes, until batter is smooth. Allow the batter to rest until pan is preheated.
- Once pan is preheated, remove it from the oven and add the remaining 1 tbsp butter. Allow the butter to melt, then brush over the bottom and sides of the pan. Pour in the prepared batter.
- Bake the pancake in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, until golden around the edges. The pancake will puff up during baking, then collapse back down once out of the oven. Garnish the pancake with fruit, berries, confectioner’s sugar and pour over some maple syrup. Serve immediately.
- For the whipped cream, simply whisk together the chilled heavy cream, sugar and vanilla in a large mixing bowl until stiff peaks form. Serve the whipped cream on the side.
Tatyana, what size of cast-iron skillet did you use for this recipe? 12” or 15”?Thanks