Easy, cheesy and saucy lasagna like you’ve never had before, sponsored by Cacique®! This recipe for Cheesy Lasagna Roll Ups is made with Cacique® Beef Chorizo bolognese sauce, Cacique® Manchego and Cotija cheeses, and loads of tomato sauce. These lasagna roll ups are so much fun to make and even more delightful to eat! And check out my Classic Bolognese Sauce recipe for more traditional flavors!
Watch My Video!
Watch my video recipe for step-by-step instructions! Want to receive new recipe notifications? Make sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel!
The Chorizo Bolognese!
Most lasagna is made with ground beef or Italian sausage, but this aromatic version is made with beef chorizo! I specifically love the flavor of Cacique® Beef Chorizo – it’s my choice of protein for this recipe. The flavors from the chorizo transform the bolognese sauce into something amazing! Not only is it aromatic and delicious, but it also makes the sauce a deep, red color like no other protein can do!
Putting the Cheese in ‘Cheesy’!
Let’s be honest – the best part of any pasta dish is the cheese! This cheesy lasagna recipe is made with the most incredible and flavorful cheese. I use Cacique® Manchego and Cotija cheese – they both add so much flavor to this recipe. Manchego cheese is a thick and creamy melting cheese that has great nutty and earthy flavors, with an aroma similar to cheddar cheese. Cotija is an aged, robust cheese similar to Parmesan and dry feta. The robust and salty flavor really complements the Manchego and the chorizo sauce.
Don’t forget to sprinkle extra cheese on top of the lasagna rolls up before placing the dish into the oven! You’ll have extra cheesiness with every bite!
Enjoyed this hearty and warming pasta recipe? Check out some of my other recipes you’re sure to enjoy!
- Cheesy Stuffed Pasta Shells – stuffed with 3 types of cheese and baked over a bed of homemade bolognese!
- Meat & Cheese Lasagna – the best-ever classic lasagna recipe with bolognese, bechamel and ricotta!
- Skillet Lasagna Recipe – an easy, one-pan twist on lasagna! Quick 30-minute meal!
- Sun-Dried Tomato & Chicken Pasta – this creamy, delicious and aromatic chicken pasta is a family favorite!
- Bacon Mac & Cheese – the best macaroni and cheese with a 3 cheese sauce and bacon bits!
Enjoyed this recipe? Save it to Pinterest for later!
Sponsored by Cacique®
This delicious and warming recipe is sponsored by Cacique®. Cacique® Inc. is the #1 brand of Hispanic cheeses, cremas and chorizos in the US. Celebrating 45 years, Cacique® takes great pride in the authenticity, quality and taste of each of its products. When you’re shopping for the Manchego and Cotija, don’t forget to pick up the Beef Chorizo, too! And, check out the Cacique® recipe webpage for more recipe inspiration! https://www.caciqueinc.com/recipes/
Cheesy Lasagna Roll Ups Recipe (video)
- 18 oz Cacique® Beef Chorizo, 2 packages
- 15 oz Cacique® Manchego, 1 1/2 packages
- 10 oz Cacique® Cotija, 1 package
- 1 large onion, diced
- 5 garlic cloves, minces
- 3 cups crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- ¾ cup tomato paste
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- ½ tsp EACH: thyme, rosemary, oregano
- ¼ tsp fennel seeds
- ½ tsp dried basil
- Ground black pepper
- Fresh basil leaves, for garnish
- 1 box lasagna noodles
- Preheat the oven to 375F and prepare a large casserole dish.
- Preheat a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add a drizzle of olive oil and once the oil is hot, add the Cacique® Beef Chorizo. Break the chorizo down into smaller pieces as it’s cooking with a spatula. Cook the chorizo for 3 to 4 minutes, until it starts to simmer.
- Next, add the onion and garlic. Continue cooking for 3 to 4 minutes, until the onion is soft. Add the seasonings: salt, sugar, vinegar, thyme, rosemary, oregano and fennel seeds. Add the crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce and tomato paste. Stir until the tomatoes are well mixed, then add in the beef broth.
- Cover the sauté pan with a lid and bring the sauce up to a simmer. Continue to simmer the sauce over medium-low heat for 25 to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, prepare the lasagna noodles. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and add uncooked lasagna noodles. Cook to al dente, then drain and fill the pot with cold water and a few tablespoons of olive oil; set aside.
- Next, prepare the Cacique® Manchego cheese. Use a medium sized grater to grate the Manchego cheese. Do the same with the Cotija, but keep the two cheeses separate.
- To assemble the rolls, lay several lasagna noodles onto a cutting board or work surface. Spread a generous amount of chorizo bolognese over each piece; follow with a generous amount of grated Manchego and a light sprinkle of Cotija. Roll each noodle up gently, not too tightly so that the sauce doesn’t squeeze out. Reserve about 2 cups of bolognese and 1 cup Cotija and Manchego for topping.
- Arrange the rolled lasagna into the prepared casserole dish. Spread the reserved bolognese over the rolls up and sprinkle the cheese over the top. Season the top with black pepper and sprinkle of dried basil.
- Bake the lasagna roll ups at 375F for 28 to 30 minutes, until the cheese is completely melted on top and the sauce is bubbly. Remove the dish from the oven and cool for 15 minutes before serving; the filling will be very hot! Garnish the top with freshly chopped basil.