Easy Zesty Avocado Salmon Salad
Easy and delicious seafood salad recipe! My avocado salmon salad is made with tons of olives, marinated artichokes and a zesty, home-made wine vinaigrette. This delicious and refreshing avocado salad is perfect anytime of the year but especially during summer months! I love the combination of salmon and avocado and the light and zesty anchovy dressing is the perfect topping! If you’re on a low-carb or keto diet, this salad recipe is a great option!
- Want to receive new recipe emails in your inbox? Make sure to subscribe to my website and my YouTube channel and turn on notifications!
Preparing the Salmon
This salmon and avocado salad is made with very simply prepared salmon, seasoned with just salt and pepper! I like to keep the salmon simple because all the salad toppings and the dressing will add tons of flavor to the salad. First, pat the salmon dry with paper towels, then portion the fish into serving size fillets. Season generously with salt and pepper. You can also add a few Italian herbs, such as basil or oregano for more flavor. Pan sear the salmon in a hot pan until the outside is crispy and the inside is juicy!
The Best Salad Ingredients
You’ll love all the zesty toppings I used for avocado salad! I start with a base of romaine lettuce and add creamy avocado, marinated artichokes and green olives. Feel free to add any of your favorite salad toppings to this recipe, such as tomatoes, pickled peppers, cucumbers and shallots.
The zesty homemade anchovy dressing is also so delicious and easy to make! Just combine all the ingredients in a small bowl or measuring cup and whisk until the dressing is uniform. This easy dressing is made with white wine, olive oil, lemon juice, spices and anchovy. For best results, chop the anchovies into small bits so there’s flavor in every bite!
Enjoyed this delicious seafood salad? Check out some of my other recipes you’re sure to enjoy!
- Salmon & Corn Salad – juicy salmon with corn and green goddess dressing!
- Keto Salmon & Avocado Salad – this easy salad is made poached egg, creamy avocado and juicy salmon!
- Lemon Herb Cedar Plank Salmon – smoky and aromatic salmon prepared on a cedar plank!
- Spinach Chicken Salad – juicy chicken with blue cheese, spinach and pears!
Share it on Pinterest!
Zesty Avocado Salmon Salad
- 2 pound salmon fillet, skinned and pin bones removed
- salt and black pepper
- olive oil
- 1 medium head baby romaine lettuce, washed
- 2 large, ripe avocados, quartered
- 1 cup marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 1/2 cup green olives
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 green scallions
For Salad Dressing:
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 to 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 4 to 6 anchovies, minced
For Salad Dressing:
- For the anchovy dressing: Combine all the salad dressing ingredients in small bowl or measuring cup and whisk to combine then set aside. I recommend chopping the anchovies into small bits for best results.
- Next, prepare the salad: Carefully separate, wash and pat dry the romaine lettuce leaves. You can leave them whole or tear in half before arranging onto serving platter. This dish can be prepared as one large plate to be served family-style or as individual dishes. Arrange the remaining salad components such as avocados, artichokes, green olives and onion over the lettuce.
- Next, prepare the salmon. Preheat a large sauté pan over medium heat and add a splash of olive oil. Season the salmon fillet with salt and pepper. Place the salmon into the hot pan and sear on both sides for 3 to 4 minutes per side; thicker filets will take a few minutes longer to cook. Remove the salmon from the pan and let it cool slightly before serving on top of the salad.
- Arrange salmon over the salad and pour the prepared salad dressing evenly over the salad and top with parmesan cheese. Serve the salad while salmon is still warm with fresh baguette.