An easy recipe for the best chicken burrito you’ll ever have! This delicious chicken burrito is loaded with chunks of juicy chicken breast, chopped creamy avocado, cheesy and melted mozzarella cheese AND my secret ingredient: pineapple! No one will guess what makes the chicken breasts so juicy! Plus, you’ll love the creamy cilantro sauce that also doubles as a dipping sauce!
Watch My Video!
Watch my video recipe for all the juicy details on this burrito recipe! Want to receive new recipe updates? Make sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel and turn on notifications!
The Secret Ingredient in My Chicken Burritos!
Pineapple – it’s the secret ingredient in this burrito recipe that no one is ever going to guess! Don’t worry, your burrito won’t taste fruity! The flavor is very subtle but it makes for a very juicy, flavorful and delicious burrito. Give it a try and you’ll thank me later!
The Avocado Cilantro Sauce
These chicken burritos wouldn’t be complete without the most amazing avocado cilantro dipping sauce! The sauce is simply heavenly! It’s super easy to make – just place all the ingredients into a food processor and pulse for a few minutes. It’s one of my favorites sauces actually. I love to serve it with grilled meats, seafood, sandwiches, salads and even pasta! The creamy flavor of the avocado combined with the zesty lime and refreshing cilantro is unbeatable!
Enjoyed this delicious chicken recipe? Make sure to check out some of my other recipes you’re sure to enjoy!
- The Best Chicken Enchiladas – cheesy, juicy and so delicious! Enchiladas in red sauce with juicy chicken!
- Or, try this delicious ‘Loaded Breakfast Burritos’ recipe. with bacon, potatoes and avocado!
- Stuffed Pork & Mango Burrito – juicy pork-stuffed burritos with mango salsa and rice!
- Steakhouse Mushroom Quesadillas – with juicy tenderloin, mushrooms, bell peppers, cheese and steak sauce!
Share it on Pinterest!
Need some supplies to make this recipe? You can get them here (Amazon affiliate links):
Easy Avocado Chicken Burrito Recipe (video)
- 2 chicken breasts, or 4 chicken thighs; cubed
- olive oil
- 1 large shallot, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon EACH: smoked paprika, chili powder, ground cumin
- 1/4 cup crushed pineapple
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 large avocado, cubed
- 4 large flour tortillas
For Cilantro Dipping Sauce:
- 1 cup sour cream, or Greek yogurt
- 1/2 large avocado
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon vinegar
- large bunch fresh cilantro
- Prepare the cilantro dipping sauce first. Place the sour cream, avocado, garlic, olive oil, vinegar, salt and cilantro into a food processor and puree until smooth. Transfer the sauce into a small bowl and set aside.
- Prepare the chicken filling. Cube your desired cut of meat. Preheat a large frying pan over medium heat and drizzle olive oil into the pan. Add the cubed chicken into hot pan and saute for 7 to 8 minutes, until nicely browned all over. Add the remaining ingredients: shallots, garlic and crushed pineapple. Along with the seasonings: salt, black pepper, paprika, cumin and chili powder. Stir everything together and cook for another 4 to 5 minutes.
- Assemble the burritos; place the fillings into the center of each tortilla. Spread a bit of the cilantro sauce first. Sprinkle some mozzarella cheese, add the chicken filling, chopped avocado and more mozzarella cheese on top. Fold over the sides, then roll the tortilla into a wrap, seam side down.
- Preheat a grill pan or a frying pan over medium heat. Place the burritos seam side down first. Grill/heat over 3 to 5 minutes per side. Serve hot with cilantro sauce.