Strawberry Mousse Parfait Recipe (video)
If you’re a fan of strawberries, these strawberry mousse parfaits are for you! They’re so delicious! The light and fluffy, cheesecake-style mousse is made with whipped cream and loads of pureed strawberries! The mousse is topped with more chopped berries and a layer of strawberry jello! Garnish the topped with a chocolate covered strawberry! If you’re looking for a fun and delicious treat for your next party, give this recipe a try! Also, these mousse parfaits are a great choice for Valentine’s Day if you want to spoil your special someone!
Watch My Video!
Watch my video recipe for step-by-step instructions and see me put these parfait cups together! Want to receive new recipe emails in your inbox? Make sure to subscribe to my website and my YouTube channel and turn on notifications!
How to Make Strawberry Mousse
The strawberry mousse in these parfait cups is unbelievably delicious!! It’s made with strawberry puree, cream cheese, white chocolate and whipped cream. This combination makes the mousse taste like cheesecake! Before the mousse sets, I add more chopped strawberry on top, which only tastes great but also looks impress underneath the strawberry jello layer! Make sure to allow the mousse layer to set firmly before pouring over the cooled jello; this will prevent the mousse from mixing with the liquid jello.
Adding Chocolate Strawberries
Garnish the top of these parfait cups with a chocolate covered strawberry to make these dessert cups extra special! You can make your own chocolate strawberries using my easy tutorial! Check out the my post for a full-length video!
Enjoyed these strawberry parfaits? Check out some of my other recipes!
- Strawberry Mousse Cake – made with a light sponge cake, strawberry filling and jello topping!
- No-Bake Raspberry Cheesecake Parfaits – with pretzel and graham cracker crumbs, raspberry cheesecake and jello topping!
- Triple Layer Pomegranate Mousse – impressive three layer mousse cups with jello!
- Blueberry Lemon Mousse Cups – made with a fruity blueberry lemon mousse!
- Mango Vanilla Panna Cotta – creamy vanilla panna cotta topped with mango gelee and passion fruit!
Enjoyed this recipe? Please share and save it to Pinterest!
Strawberry Mousse Parfait Recipe (video)
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1/3 cup white granulated sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese or mascarpone, softened at room temperature
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips, melted
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon strawberry extract
- red food coloring
- 2 cups strawberries
- 1 tablespoon unflavored gelatine
- 2 to 3 tablespoons water
- 2 cups chopped strawberries
- 6- ounce package strawberry Jello
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 cups iced water
- chocolate covered strawberries, for garnish
- Prepare the whipped cream first. Pour the whipping cream into a mixer bowl and add the 1/3 cup sugar. Whisk on high speed until a fluffy whipped cream forms. Set the whipped cream into the refrigerator until needed.
- Prepare the strawberry base. In a large bowl, whisk together the softened cream cheese, melted white chocolate, sweetened condensed milk, and extract. Add red food coloring if desired. Whisk in the pureed strawberries; set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together the unflavored gelatine and water. Microwave the mixture for 1 minute, stirring every 10-15 seconds until gelatine is completely dissolved. Pour the gelatine into the strawberry base and whisk until smooth.
- Remove the whipped cream from refrigerator. Fold in about 1 cup of whipped cream into the strawberry base. Then begin adding the strawberry base into the whipped cream. Fold the base and cream together very gently, keeping the cream light and fluffy.
- Pour the prepared mousse into glass mugs or containers. Fill about three-quarters of each container. Top off each glass with chopped strawberries. Set the mousse into the refrigerator to set for about 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Make sure the mousse is set before adding Jello!
- Prepare the strawberry Jello. Place the flavored gelatine in a bowl and add 1 cup boiling water; stir until dissolved. Add the 2 cups iced water and stir until mixture is cooled. Using a ladle, carefully pour the prepared Jello over the set mousse. Fill to the top of each container. Set the dessert back into the refrigerator until completely set, overnight for best results.
- Optional: top each dessert parfait with a chocolate covered strawberries, or a combination of chopped strawberries and other berries, such as raspberries. Keep refrigerated!
These are so cute and creative. Perfect for Love Day 🙂
Hey Tatyana, these look amazing, trying out this recipe but keep failing on get the whipped cream nice and fluffy, instead it’s just becoming super clumpy and not fluffy at all? What’s your trick?
Oh, no! 🙁 sounds like maybe you’re over mixing the parfait when bringing the ingredients together? Also, make sure to add the gelatin to the cream cheese and chocolate mixture while it’s still super hot, otherwise clumps will form. Whisk the whipped cream separately, then gently fold the cream cheese mixture in, no need to over mix it. Hope that helps!
Can we substitute strawberries using banana, Raspberry, blueberries?
Hi! Raspberries and blueberries will work great here, too. I’m not sure about the banana but if you like, you can use it! 🙂