The Best Bacon & Cheese Stuffed Mini Peppers (video)
The best bacon and cheese stuffed mini peppers recipe! These mini bell peppers are stuffed with loads of creamy cheese, bits of bacon and spicy Tabasco pepper sauce – a delicious combination that will be a hit with everyone! I’ve made these more times than I can count and I usually double up the recipes because I can easily eat 10 of these! If you need an appetizer recipe for your next party or celebration, this is it! This low-carb appetizer also doubles as a great keto appetizer recipe!
My Stuffed Peppers Video Tutorial!
Watch my YouTube video recipe for step-by-step instructions for making these easy cheese stuffed mini peppers! Want to receive new recipe emails in your inbox? Make sure to subscribe to my website emailing list and my YouTube channel and turn on notifications!
Ingredients for Stuffed Mini Peppers
Here are the ingredients you’ll need to make this easy, cheesy appetizer!
- Mini Bell Peppers: you can also use jalapeno peppers if you want these to be extra spicy!
- Cream Cheese: soften the cheese at room temperature for 30 minutes prior to making the filling. It will be much easier to mix it!
- Grated Cheddar Cheese: for the filling and for topping the peppers. Feel free to use other types of grated cheese, such as mozzarella, gruyere or even smoked gouda.
- Sour Cream: for making the filling.
- Bacon: smoky bacon bits add tons of great flavor to these stuffed peppers!
- Tabasco Pepper Sauce: for adding a little bit of heat to the recipe!
How to Make Bacon & Cheese Stuffed Mini Peppers
Smoky, spicy and cheesy stuffed mini peppers are really fun and easy to make! Here’s how I put this easy appetizer together:
- Preparing the Peppers: The first step is preparing the mini bell peppers for filling; you can also use jalapeno peppers if you want an extra kick of spiciness! Split the peppers in half and scoop out any seeds.
- Making the Filling: Next, make the filling! Render the bacon until it’s nice and crispy, then chop into small bits. Combine the bacon with softened cream cheese, cheddar cheese and seasonings.
- Filling the Peppers: Fill the prepared peppers all the way to the top, leaving a heaping amount of cheese and bacon filling on top! I also like to sprinkle on more cheddar cheese and chopped chives over the top before baking the peppers.
- Baking the Peppers: Bake the peppers until the cheese is nicely melted. NOTE: The stuffed peppers will be extremely hot when you remove them from the oven! Allow them to cool for at least 5 minutes before enjoying!
Make Ahead Instructions
If you want to make these stuffed mini peppers ahead of time, simply follow the recipe as written and stuff the peppers. Place them onto a baking tray, wrap it well with plastic wrap and keep the peppers refrigerated. When you’re ready to enjoy them, simply preheat the oven and bake them according to my instructions.
Please share and save it to Pinterest!
Keto Appetizer Recipe
These easy stuffed peppers are also low-carb, making this appetizer recipe perfect for keto dieters!
Looking for more delicious appetizer recipes? Check out some of my other recipes you’re sure to enjoy!
- Bacon & Garlic Rolls – amazing dinner rolls stuffed with cheddar cheese, bacon and garlic!
- Avocado Chicken Egg Rolls – Cheesecake Factory-style egg rolls with chimichurri sauce!
- Spinach Panela Tartlets – easy cheese and spinach tartlets with onion and garlic!
- Smoked Salmon Puffs – the most delicious salmon puffs with cream cheese filling!
- Cheese & Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms – the best-ever stuffed mushrooms with a creamy, cheesy sausage and pepper filling, plus panko breadcrumb topping!
The Best Bacon & Cheese Stuffed Mini Peppers (video)
- 12 mini bell peppers
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup grated cheddar cheese, plus more for topping
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon TABASCO pepper sauce
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 tablespoons minced chives, plus more for topping
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Prepare the mini peppers first. Split each pepper in half lengthwise and use a small spoon to scoop out the white membrane and seeds. Arrange on a small baking dish and set aside.
- Prepare the bacon. Render the bacon, drain on paper towels, then dice into small pieces once cooled.
- Combine the remaining ingredients, along with diced bacon and Tabasco pepper sauce, in a large bowl. Use a large spoon to combine everything together until creamy and uniform.
- Stuff each mini bell pepper half with the filling, over-filling the top. Sprinkle additional cheddar cheese and minced chives on top.
- Bake in preheated oven at 400F for 15 to 18 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbling. Allow the stuffed peppers to cool for about 20 minutes before enjoying.
This look so delicious, but I have a question. You said in your video that you can prepare these ahead of time. How early can I prepare these do you think?
You can make these even a few days ahead of time. Just place them on a tray, wrapped and refrigerated. Then bake when ready to enjoy 🙂
These are fantastic! One of my favorite appetizers.
So glad you enjoy this recipe! They’re my favorite, too! I feel like I can eat 10 of them!
Hi Tatyana! Do you use mild cheddar cheese? Also are they too spicy?Thanks
Hi! Any type of cheddar cheese will work great, from mild to sharp. I don’t find these too spicy but you can always adjust the spice level by adding less Tabasco. Enjoy! 🙂