Appetizers cannot get any easier than this creamy grilled chicken dip, packed with the most amazing flavors. It’s made with grilled chicken served on a bed of creamed spinach, LOADS of cheese, smoky bacon bits and diced nectarines. We love this dish as an appetizer and it pairs perfectly with rustic baguette! The best part about this easy appetizer is that you only need 10 ingredients!
Watch My Video!
Watch my video for step-by-step instructions for making this delicious chicken dip! Want to receive new recipe emails in your inbox? Make sure to subscribe to my website and my YouTube channel and turn on notifications!
Tabasco 10 Challenge
Tabasco asked me to participate in their #Tabasco10 challenge and I accepted! All of the participants were given a list of just 10 staple ingredients to come up with an easy and delicious recipe. This list included: Tabasco Chipotle Pepper Sauce, protein (flank steak or chicken breast), leafy greens, bacon, onion, soft cheese (Fontina, blue cheese, or burrata), stone fruit (nectarine, peach or plum), grain (couscous, barley, or quinoa), citrus and herb (basil, mint or cilantro).
For my recipe, I marinated my chicken with generous amounts of Tabasco Chipotle Sauce for a rich and smoky flavor! To go along with the chicken, I combined wilted spinach with Fontina cheese, loads of bacon and finished the dish off with diced sweet nectarine! Peaches will also work well for this recipe! Every bite of this incredible dish is an explosion of flavor in your mouth! Serve this creamy dip with rustic baguette, focaccia bread or your favorite crackers.
Looking for more easy appetizer recipes? I have tons! Check out some of the other recipes I have:
- Cheesy Salmon Dip – delicious smoked salmon dip with loads of cheese!
- Avocado Chicken Egg Rolls – Cheesecake Factory-inspired recipe!
- Smoked Salmon Profiteroles – cream puffs filled with creamy smoked salmon filling.
- Bacon & Cheese Stuffed Peppers – mini peppers stuffed with amazing cheese filling!
Enjoyed this recipe? Please share and save it to Pinterest!
And check out my other Tabasco recipes, like these ‘Spicy Stuffed Peppers’!
Easy, Cheesy Chicken Dip (video)
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 3 to 4 tablespoons Tabasco Chipotle Pepper Sauce
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper
- 4 to 5 slices thick-cut bacon
- 1 large onion, diced
- 10 cups fresh spinach
- 15 basil leaves, chopped
- 1/2 pound Fontina cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons Tabasco Chipotle Pepper Sauce
- 1 large nectarine or peach, diced
- Prepare the chicken first. Split the chicken breasts in half to cut down on cooking time. Season both sides generously with salt and pepper, then add a generous amount of Tabasco Chipotle Pepper Sauce. Use your hands to coat the chicken generously. Refrigerate the chicken for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the creamy spinach. Heat a large saute pan over medium heat. Render the bacon slices until golden and crispy. Remove them onto a paper towel to cool and drain of excess fat. Once bacon has cooled, cut it into small bits. Retain the rendered bacon fat in the pan and add the diced onion. Saute until golden brown and tender.
- Begin adding the spinach. Add half of the spinach, cover the pan and allow the spinach to cook down; about 3 minutes. Add the rest of the spinach and repeat the same process. Stir the wilted spinach together with the onion, then add the remaining ingredients: salt, pepper, chopped basil and Fontina cheese that has been broken into smaller chunks.
- Cover the pan, turn heat down to 'low' and cook the mixture until the cheese has melted completely. Stir all the ingredients together and add additional Tabasco sauce and about two-thirds of the bacon bits; retain the rest for garnish. Keep the creamed spinach hot while preparing the grilled chicken.
- Heat a grill pan or outdoor grill to medium heat. Add the marinated chicken and grill on each side for 6 to 10 minutes, depending on the thickness.
- Serve chicken breasts whole or chop into smaller cubes. Add grilled chicken to creamed spinach, top with diced nectarine, remaining bacon bits and more chopped basil. Serve hot.