The perfect dessert for spring, summer and any holidays in between! These strawberry basil eclairs are simply amazing! If you’ve never had a strawberry basil dessert, this recipe will blow your mind! These eclairs are filled with a light and fluffy basil whipped cream, dipped in white chocolate ganache and topped with fresh sliced strawberries!
Watch My Video!
Watch my video for step-by-step instructions! Want to receive new recipe updates? Make sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel and get email notifications whenever a new recipe goes live!
How To Make Eclairs
This dessert is not only pretty, it’s also so fun to make! Eclairs may look intimidating but they’re actually quite simple to make. I use a simple pate a choux recipe, then add the filling and topping. For the strawberry component, I add fresh strawberries right on top of the eclairs. I recommend doing it right before serving the eclairs so that the berries stay fresh. Once you have the eclairs assembled and glazed, keep them stored in the refrigerator, single layer on a tray, until you’re ready to garnish and serve.
Tips for Success!
You’ll need just 5 ingredients for the eclair shells; pate a choux dough – eggs, water, flour, butter and a pinch of salt! Here are a few tips for making pate a choux successfully!
- When baking the eclair shells, resist the temptation to open your oven door! These shells are very temperature sensitive and can collapse easily with a blast of cool air.
- Bake the shells until they are a deep golden color; underbaking will also cause them to collapse.
- I recommend filling the pastries the same day, once they cool. The shells can and will go stale if left out uncovered.
The Basil Filling
Check out the fluffy basil filling on the inside! The basil whipped cream filling is heavenly! It’s made with a fresh bundle of basil, cream cheese (you can use mascarpone) and white chocolate. This choice as an eclair filling goes so well with the strawberries on top! This filling would taste delicious in a cake, too!
Enjoyed this uniquely flavored eclair recipe? Check out some of my other recipes you’re sure to enjoy!
- Coffee Eclairs – the most delicious eclairs with coffee cream and chocolate glaze!
- Pistachio Raspberry Eclairs – filled with fluffy pistachio cream and berries!
- Strawberry Cream Puffs – classic profiteroles with a berry twist!
- Salted Caramel Paris Brest – these mini chocolate pastries are filled with salted caramel and toffee!
Share it on Pinteres!
Need some supplies to make this recipe? You can get them here (Amazon affiliate links):
Use this simple but handy handheld KitchenAid mixer to prepare the batter.
I love my classic CuisinArt food processor – it’s amazing!
Any baker will love this set of jumbo cake decorating tips – good for piping and decorating.
And these silicone mats are great for just about anything, along with these aluminum baking pans.