My raspberry pistachio eclair recipe will take your breath away – golden and delicate eclairs filled with a fluffy and creamy pistachio cream, dotted with fresh raspberries and dipped into a raspberry glaze. I use a classic pate a choux recipe and combine it with these incredible flavors! The pistachio filling is made with real pistachios, Bailey’s Irish cream and cream cheese. These pistachio eclairs are unbelievably delicious and go so well with a cup of coffee or tea. I love trying out new fillings and flavor combinations and this one takes the gold!
Watch My Video!
Watch my video recipe for all the details and step-by-step instructions! Want new recipe updates? Make sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel and turn on notifications!
The Pistachio Eclair Filling
You’ll fall head over heels in love with the creamy pistachio filling! It’s creamy, fluffy and delicious – everything eclair filling needs to be! The pistachios and Irish cream are first pulsed together to form a thick paste. I actually like to use salted pistachios for this recipe because the salt adds amazing flavor! This pistachio paste is then combined with cream cheese (you can use mascarpone here, too), white chocolate and whipped cream. For this video recipe, I split the eclair shells in half and piped both halves with filling. Alternatively, you can poke small holes in the bottom of the shells and fill the eclairs from the bottom.
How To Make Pate A Choux
This elegant, show-stopping dessert can seem intimidating to make at home, but it’s actually quite easy! You’ll need just 5 ingredients for the eclair shells – eggs, water, flour, butter and a pinch of salt! Here are a few tips for making pate a choux successfully!
- When baking the eclair shells, resist the temptation to open your oven door! These shells are very temperature sensitive and can collapse easily with a blast of cool air.
- Bake the shells until they are a deep golden color; underbaking will also cause them to collapse.
- I recommend filling the pastries the same day, once they cool. The shells can and will go stale if left out uncovered.
The Raspberry Glaze
Using freeze dried fruit is a great way to add fruity flavor without the added moisture and without having to change the original recipe. For my raspberry eclairs, I use freeze dried raspberries for the glaze and topping. You can find them in Trader Joe’s, Costco or online on Amazon. Dip the pate a choux shells in the glaze, then garnish with nuts, berries or chocolate. To garnish these eclairs, I sprinkled the top with freeze dried raspberries and melted white chocolate.
Enjoyed this French pastry recipe? Check out some of my other cream puff and eclair recipes you’re sure to enjoy!
- Chocolate Pistachio Profiteroles – filled with fluffy Irish cream and pistachio filling!
- Nutella Cream Puffs – Make these creamy filled puffs for the chocolate nutella-lover in your life!
- Strawberry Basil Eclairs – so unique and delicious! Filled with basil cream, with berry glaze!
- Chocolate Coffee Eclairs – classic eclairs with chocolate glaze and fluffy coffee cream filling!
Love this recipe? Save it to Pinterest for later!
Need some supplies to make this recipe? You can get them here (Amazon affiliate links):
I love my handheld KitchenAid mixer for small jobs like mixing batter.
This set of jumbo cake decorating tips includes all the tips I use in my kitchen. And I love these disposable pastry bags, too.
Use these silicone mats for baking on these aluminum baking sheets.