Move over boring, old vanilla cream puffs! There’s a new flavor in town! My chocolate-dipped pistachio profiteroles are epic! These cream puffs are made with a creamy pistachio filling that tastes simply incredible! Every bite tastes like a bit of heaven!! I made these a few weeks ago for my sister’s wedding and they were a huge hit with everyone. I got tons of raving reviews and requests for the recipe!
Watch my video recipe for the step-by-step instructions. To get new recipe updates, make sure you’re subscribed to my YouTube channel!
The pistachio filling I use for these cream puffs is unique and so delicious! I use this recipe as a frosting too in my newly released cookbook, The European Cake Cookbook. It’s made with loads of pistachios, Irish cream, butter and cream cheese. If you don’t like the flavor of cream cheese, mascarpone cheese will also work well! This recipe is made with a lot of Irish cream; for a non-alcoholic version, make this easy, home-made version that tastes very similar.
- Non-Alcoholic Irish Cream Recipe
- 1/2 cup heavy cream or half-and-half
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp rum extract
- 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 1 tsp instant coffee granules
- Warm the cream or half-and-half in the microwave or the stove top until steaming warm, but not boiling. Add the instant coffee and stir until completely dissolved. Add the condensed milk and chocolate syrup next and stir. Once the mixture has cooled, add the extracts. This recipe will make just enough for this recipe; double the recipe if you want extra Irish cream to add to your morning coffee!
To garnish my profiteroles, I dipped them in melted chocolate melts and added chopped pistachios on top. I highly recommend using chocolate melts for this recipe! It’s really easy to melt and it sets at room temperature without any tempering. I used Ghirardelli melts but any brand will work!
Enjoyed this recipe? Use this handy pinboard to save it for later!
And check out some of my other cream puff and eclair recipes!
Make these creamy Nutella Cream Puffs for the chocolate nutella-lover in your life! https://tatyanaseverydayfood.com/recipe-items/nutella-cream-puffs/
My strawberry basil eclairs are so unique and delicious! https://tatyanaseverydayfood.com/recipe-items/strawberry-basil-eclairs/
Need some supplies to make this recipe? You can get them here (Amazon affiliate links):
I love these silicone baking mats for this recipe, and they fit perfectly into these aluminum baking pans.
Use this set of jumbo cake decorating tips for piping and filling the profiteroles, with these disposable pastry bags.
I highly recommend the classic CuisinArt food processor – simple and gets the job done!