What’s better than a light and fluffy cream puff?! Strawberry cream puffs! These delicate profiteroles are made with a simple pate a choux dough, then filled with a dreamy, cream strawberry filling and dusted with confectioner’s sugar for a simple and elegant finish. They’re not too sweet and oh-so-good! These are perfect for a special occasion, or for that dessert lover that likes their sweets on the less sweet side!
Watch My Video!
Watch my video recipe for all the details and step-by-step instructions! Want to receive new recipe updates? Make sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel and turn on notifications!
How To Make Profiteroles
This elegant, show-stopping dessert can seem intimidating to make at home, but it’s actually quite easy! I had a hesitation about making them for the longest time, but once you actually try making them, you’ll want to make them all the time! The pate a choux dough used to make these cream puffs is super simple and requires just 5 ingredients! – eggs, water, flour, butter and a pinch of salt! Here are a few tips for making pate a choux successfully!
- When baking the cream puff shells, resist the temptation to open your oven door! These shells are very temperature sensitive and can collapse easily with a blast of cool air.
- Bake the shells until they are a deep golden color; underbaking will also cause them to collapse.
- I recommend filling the pastries the same day, once they cool. The shells can and will go stale if left out uncovered.
The Strawberry Filling
I love the sweet and fluffy whipped cream filling! It’s creamy and has just the right amount of sweetness to go with the strawberries. It’s made with whipped cream, cream cheese and strawberry puree. Make sure the heavy cream is properly chilled before using in the recipe. If you find that your filling is a bit runny, just place it into the refrigerator for 30 minutes. And, keep the cream puffs refrigerated until you’re ready to serve them. Add the fresh strawberry slices and a light dusting of confectioner’s sugar right before serving.
Enjoyed this French pastry recipe? Check out some of my other recipes you’re sure to enjoy!
- I love this fruity ‘Berry Paris Brest’! It’s a large pastry ring filled with whipped cream and loads of fruit!
- These ‘Chocolate Coffee Eclairs’ are one of my favorites!
- Also, check out my ‘Strawberry Basil Eclairs’ with the most unique basil filling!
- Chocolate Pistachio Profiteroles – filled with the most amazing pistachio cream!
Enjoyed this recipe? Share and save it to Pinterest!
Need some supplies to make this recipe? You can get them here (Amazon affiliate links):
I love my handheld KitchenAid mixer is great for smaller jobs like mixing batter.
Use these non-stick silicone mats for baking, along with these aluminum baking sheets.
This set of jumbo cake decorating tips includes my favorite tips.
And this filling tip by Ateco is great for piping eclairs and cream puffs full of cream.