If you love seafood, you’re going to love this easy shrimp recipe! A simple and amazingly delicious recipe for Thai shrimp spring rolls! These spring rolls are filled with rice noodles, fresh vegetables and juicy shrimp. Plus, an easy recipe for the best ginger-garlic peanut dipping sauce! Enjoy this shrimp recipe as an appetizer or main entree!
Watch My Video!
Watch my video recipe for step-by-step instructions for making these spring rolls! Want to receive new recipe emails in your inbox? Make sure to subscribe to my website and my YouTube channel and turn on notifications!
How to Make Shrimp Spring Rolls
This delicious seafood dish is easy to make! Start by preparing all the ingredients and sauces since these spring rolls are best enjoyed immediately. Chop your vegetables thinly into matchsticks. This type of cut makes it easiest to stuff the rolls! Also, prepare the rice noodles according to package instructions. Most just require you to pour boiling water over the noodles.
- For the peanut dipping sauce, I use this bottled peanut sauce (affiliate link) and add a few of my own ingredients: chives, soy sauce and rice vinegar. You can also add some chopped cilantro and even lime juice in place of the vinegar!
- Cooking sauce: Next, prepare the ginger garlic sauce for cooking the shrimp. This easy sauce is made with ginger, garlic, soy sauce, fish sauce, chili oil and sesame seed oil. Cook this mixture just until the garlic is soft. Add the shrimp and cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side, just until done.
- Assembling the rolls: to assemble the rolls, start with sliced shrimp and top with rice noodles, vegetables, cilantro and some of the cooking sauce for even more flavor! Roll the spring rolls tightly and set onto a tray to enjoy!
What Shrimp to Use
Choosing the right shrimp can seem daunting for any seafood recipe! I highly recommend going with wild caught shrimp versus farmed shrimp. It tastes so much better, is sweeter and has better texture. I really enjoy wild-caught Argentinian red shrimp for their flavor! Fresh or frozen shrimp will both work well for this recipe. If using frozen shrimp, simply place them into a large bowl and fill it with cold water. Change the water every few minutes until the shrimp is thawed. Make sure to peel and devein the shrimp before cooking!
Enjoyed this delicious shrimp recipe? Check out some of my other recipes you’re sure to enjoy!
- Teriyaki Salmon Bowl – with ginger garlic salmon and lots of veggies over rice!
- Asian Chicken Salad – juicy chicken with mandarin segments and crunchy noodles!
- Sweet & Sour Shrimp – super easy recipe for this restaurant-style dish!
- How to Make Sushi – learn how to make sushi with my step-by-step tutorial!
Share it on Pinterest!