If you love classic tiramisu, you’re going to love this pumpkin tiramisu recipe for fall and Thanksgiving! It’s so easy to make and always a hit with everyone! This fall-inspired tiramisu is made with classic tiramisu custard, pumpkin puree, cinnamon, whipped cream and even some caramel for garnish! The incredible filling is layered with delicate ladyfinger cookies dipped in coffee and Kahlua coffee liqueur! This pumpkin dessert recipe is bound to become a family favorite!
Watch My Video!
Watch my YouTube video recipe for step-by-step instructions on how to make this pumpkin dessert! Want to receive new recipe emails in your inbox? Make sure to subscribe to my website and my YouTube channel and turn on notifications!
This post may contain affiliate links.
How to Make the Custard
I love this pumpkin tiramisu because it’s so easy to make and comes together in no time! I start this recipe with a classic tiramisu base – vanilla custard. It’s made with milk, sugar, egg yolks, vanilla and butter. I also like to add cream cheese or mascarpone to make it extra creamy!
This custard base needs about an hour in the refrigerator to cool completely. You can also make this portion of the recipe ahead of time and just keep it stored in the refrigerator until you’re ready to assemble the dessert.
Preparing the Pumpkin Filling
Once you have the custard ready, you can start putting together the pumpkin tiramisu filling! This pumpkin dessert has so much incredible flavor! Combine the prepared custard with pure pumpkin puree and a little bit of cinnamon and nutmeg. Next, prepare the whipped cream. The fluffy whipped cream is what gives the filling it’s incredible fluffy texture!
For this recipe, I prepare a large batch of whipped cream and use 2/3 of it for the filling, reserving the remaining third for the topping. Using a spatula, very gently fold the whipped cream into the prepared pumpkin custard. Make sure the whipped cream stays light and airy!
Assembling the Pumpkin Tiramisu
I love assembling this pumpkin dessert into a large trifle bowl! It makes the dessert really grand and decadent! You can also assemble the dessert into a casserole dish or even individual cups for serving.
- To put this pumpkin tiramisu together, start by adding a layer of the prepared filling on the bottom.
- Next, briefly dip each ladyfinger cookie into a mixture of strong coffee and Kahlua coffee liqueur and layer it over the filling. Repeat this process of layering the cookies and filling until you’ve used all the filling and cookies!
- Add the remaining whipped cream on top and garnish the top with a sprinkle of ground cinnamon and drizzle of caramel sauce! Check out my ‘Homemade Caramel Sauce’ recipe – it’s the best!
- Don’t want to use alcohol? Just omit the liqueur and use extra coffee instead!
For best results, allow the pumpkin tiramisu to chill in the refrigerator for an hour or 2 before serving. This recipe is great to make ahead of time, too! The dessert will be even better the next day!
For serving, just use a large spoon to scoop out the tiramisu for individual servings. Top each serving with extra caramel sauce, if desired. Enjoy!
Enjoyed this delicious fall dessert? Check out some of my other recipes you’re sure to enjoy!
- Classic Tiramisu Recipe – the very best tiramisu recipe! This traditional recipe is one of my favorite desserts! Assemble it in cups or in a casserole.
- Strawberry Tiramisu Cake – one of my favorite no-bake cake recipes! This easy and fruity cake is so delicious!
- No-Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake – fluffy pumpkin cheesecake with gingersnap cookie base, whipped cream and caramel!
- Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls – the best pumpkin rolls with cream cheese frosting, using my famous cinnamon roll recipe!
- Tiramisu Cheesecake – this creamy and fluffy cheesecake is flavored with coffee and Amaretto almond liqueur!
Share it on Pinterest!
Need some supplies to make this recipe? You can get them here (Amazon affiliate links):
- Parfait/Trifle Bowl – this simple and elegant trifle bowl is perfect for assembling this dessert!
- KitchenAid Hand Mixer – I love this hand-held mixer for smaller jobs in the kitchen.
- Mini Silicon Spatula – the most used spatula in my kitchen is this small, flat edge spatula. Great for turning food!
- Ladyfinger Cookies – if you can’t find the right type of cookies in-store, get them online! I always have a hard time finding them!