Fall is finally here – leaves turning colors, cozy sweater weather and everything pumpkin spice! My Pumpkin Spice Macarons recipe will warm up your fall with incredible flavors! These macarons start with a spicy macarons batter, then filled with a spicy pumpkin buttercream and a surprise caramel center. If you enjoy all things pumpkin spice, these are for you! Enjoy these with a cup of coffee in the morning!
Watch My Video!
Watch my video recipe for all the sweet and spicy details! Want to receive new recipe updates? Make sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel and turn on notifications!
Perfect for Fall!
I always look forward to fall after the long summers we have in California. Our warm weather extends well into October – it’s 80 degrees outside as I’m writing this! It can take a while to get into the fall-mood but once I pull out my pumpkin spice candles and decorative glass pumpkins, I can’t be stopped. I love these pumpkin spice macarons because they fill my home right up with their warming aroma. It’s completely irresistible!
The Caramel Center
For this video recipe, I used store-bought caramel for the surprise caramel centers. The caramel adds great flavor to these pumpkin macarons. If you have the time, I recommend trying my ‘Home-Made Caramel Sauce’ recipe. It’s super easy to make and great for this and many other recipes!
Tips for Macaron Success
Many bakers dread making macarons because these little cookies can be a little finicky, but set that fear aside! I’ll walk you through the steps with my precious instructions so you can make these at home. And don’t get disappointed if your first attempt doesn’t work well. My first three attempts at making macarons failed horribly! But practice makes perfect! Here are a few crucial tips for making these cookies:
- Whisk the egg whites just until they reach stiff peak stage. Under mixing will result in a flat batter; over mixing can cause the cookies to spread while baking.
- Fold the batter thoroughly, flattening the egg whites against the side of your mixing bowl. BUT, be careful – you don’t want to over mix the batter! That will also cause your cookies to be just flat, shapeless disks.
- Allow those cookies to REST! Let the cookies stand for an hour at room temperature, allowing a thin shell to form on the outside. This shell gives the cookies their shape so it’s crucial! If your macarons are cracking on top, you might need to let the cookies rest longer. If you live in a humid climate, extend the timing even more as humidity and moisture will prevent a shell from forming.
- For best results, store the macarons in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for 2 days, allowing the cookies to ‘mature’. Remove the macarons to room temperature to thaw for at least 30 minutes before enjoying.
Looking for more fall-flavored desserts to enjoy? Check out some of my other recipes you’re sure to enjoy!
- Try these ‘Maple Pumpkin Eclairs’ next – the pumpkin filling is amazing!
- And I love my ‘No-Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake’ – super fluffy, creamy and delicious!
- Pumpkin Donuts – classic sugar donuts, plus a pumpkin cream filled variety!
- Caramel Pecan Pumpkin Cake – the best pumpkin cake ever, with salted caramel frosting!
Enjoyed this recipe? Please save and share it to Pinterest!
Need some supplies to make this recipe? You can get them here (Amazon affiliate links):
Get a set of disposable pastry bags – no more washing any bags!
You can use parchment paper or these silicone mats for baking.
I love my classic KitchenAid stand mixer – a must for every kitchen!
And this kitchen scale is a must for making perfect macarons!