Say ‘hello’ to your new favorite sausage pasta! My smoky pepper and sausage pasta recipe is super easy to make and full of incredible flavor! It’s made with a bold and smoky marsala wine sauce, along with lots of smoky sausage, oven-roasted sweet red bell peppers and basil, to create an unforgettable flavor combination. You will love every bite of this flavor-packed dish! This delicious pasta recipe was sponsored by Holland House cooking wines, a line of flavor-enhancing premium cooking wines.
Watch My Video!
Watch my video recipe for all the details! Want to receive new recipe emails in your inbox? Make sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel and turn on notifications!
How It’s Made
This incredible sausage and pepper pasta recipe starts with the oven-roasted sweet bell peppers. Getting some color on the peppers really adds a great deal of flavor and even more smokiness to the recipe. Next, it’s the sausage! I recommend going to with a smoky variety such as a good quality kielbasa. Once the sausage is well-browned, the marsala wine sauce starts to come together. Just add the wine, tomato sauce, seasonings, sausage and pepper and you’re all set! I like to finish off the dish with heavy cream and parmesan cheese for extra creaminess!
Cooking wines are great for everyday meals! I’ve been using Holland House cooking wines since I started cooking. My mom always had this cooking wine in her pantry and now I love to use it in my kitchen, too. I love adding Marsala wine to my pasta dishes, chili and cold-weather stews. Try adding a few tablespoons of Marsala cooking wine to your stroganoff for an amazing boost of flavor! Explore all 5 flavors that Holland House has to offer on their website and Facebook page.
Looking for more delicious pasta recipes? I’ve got you covered! Head over to my ‘Pasta Recipes’ section for more incredible dishes!
- Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken Pasta – this creamy, zesty pasta is made with mushrooms and chicken!
- Classic Beef Stroganoff – you can never go wrong with this delicious beef pasta dish!
- Cheesy Baked Rigatoni – the ultimate comfort food dish! This baked pasta casserole is made with hearty bolognese sauce and three types of cheese!
- Bacon Mac & Cheese – the BEST and creamiest mac and cheese, with bacon bits!
- Cheesy Stuffed Pasta Shells – stuffed with 3 types of cheese and baked over a bed of homemade bolognese!
Enjoyed this recipe? Share it on Pinterest!