Nothing says Christmas is almost here like a cup of eggnog! I can’t remember a holiday season without this iconic, creamy, calorie-laden drink! So why not add it to a cake to make an eggnog cake?! This Christmas chocolate eggnog cake is like enjoying eggnog in cake form! I add loads eggnog into my ‘Simple Vanilla Cake’ recipe and then soak each layer with more eggnog! The result is simply delicious – you get loads of flavor in every bite!
Watch My Video!
Make sure to watch my video recipe for step-by-step instructions! Want to receive new recipe emails in your inbox? Make sure to subscribe to my website and my YouTube channel and turn on notifications!
Eggnog Cake Layers
For this delicious Christmas cake recipe, I wanted to infuse the cake layers with real eggnog! I use my simple ‘Vanilla Cake’ recipe and replace the whole milk with eggnog! I have a separate video recipe for this simple cake that I use for many of my recipes! Make sure to reduce the amount of sugar from my original vanilla cake recipe because eggnog also has lots of sugar! Allow the cake layers to cool completely, then take a long serrated knife and cut them in half. You can add even more eggnog flavor by soaking the cake layers lightly before adding the frosting!
I love these beautiful cake layers! This cake is so Christmas-y and simply perfect for the holiday season in every way!
For the frosting my holiday eggnog cake, I use my basic ‘Chocolate Buttercream’ recipe. I have a separate video recipe for this amazing frosting.
- This buttercream is so rich and creamy and complements the eggnog flavor. It’s made with both cocoa powder and melted chocolate for the best flavor! I like to top this simple cake off with snowflakes made of white chocolate and edible pearls for a winter-y finish! Feel free to garnish the top with frosting dollops, cookies and truffles.
Enjoyed this Christmas recipe? Check out some of my other recipes you’re sure to enjoy!
- Peppermint Eclairs – the most delicious peppermint eclairs with a fluffy filling!
- Holiday Cranberry Orange Cake – this delicate and delicious cake is perfect for the holidays!
- Irish Cream Cheesecake – rich mint cheesecake with Bailey’s and a brownie base!
- Chocolate Peppermint Trifle – super easy and delicious holiday dessert!
Share it on Pinterest!