I love making and eating cranberry desserts during the holiday season! Something about that sour and sweet flavor of cranberry has always captured my taste buds. This festive holiday orange cranberry cake with white chocolate cake, ombre whipped cream frosting and cranberry sauce is no exception! It’s the perfect Christmas cake to serve for any holiday gathering and the show-stopping ombre will have your guests ‘oohing’ and ‘awwing’!
Watch My Video!
Watch my video recipe to learn how to make the ombre effect – it’s actually super easy! And make sure you’re subscribed to my YouTube channel to receive email notifications!
How It’s Made!
I start this orange cranberry cake with white chocolate cake layers, flavored with bits of orange zest. Adding a bit of melted white chocolate directly into the cake batter makes the cake layers unbelievably moist and tender. For the filling, I make some home-made cranberry sauce. But it’s not just any sauce! I make an orange raspberry cranberry sauce! It’s actually the same sauce I serve with my oven-roasted turkey. It’s so easy to make and I love the combination of raspberry and cranberry!
My recipe for the cranberry sauce makes a large portion. I like to serve extra sauce on the side when serving, for even more cranberry flavor!
For the frosting, I use a super fluffy and delicious white chocolate whipped cream with more orange zest! This frosting is so airy, you’ll want to eat it by the spoonful! It’s not too sweet and I love the addition of the orange zest! Just divide the frosting and add a bit of red food coloring to one half to create the ombre effect. I garnished the top with red sprinkles, edible pearls and frosting dollops. This orange cranberry cake is sure to be unforgettable!
Looking for more holiday recipes? Here are a few of my favorites for you to try!
- Orange Cranberry Bread – the easiest and most delicious cranberry bread with orange zest and orange glaze! Extra soft and moist!
- Berry Almond Cake – light and airy berry cake made with German Buttercream!
- Peppermint Mocha Cake – with chocolate coffee cake layers and peppermint buttercream. This cake screams ‘Christmas’!!
- Irish Cream Chocolate Mint Cheesecake – made with a brownie base and Irish cream!
- And, check out my in-depth video tutorial for ‘Orange Cranberry Sauce’!
Enjoyed this recipe? Share and save it to Pinterest!