I love wine and I love French macarons so I came up with a recipe that has both! These sparkling wine and grape macarons are so fun, fruity and delicious! I add sparkling wine extract to purple-colored almond wafers and create a grape filling with grape jelly! And to make these extra special, spray them with edible pearl spray! Get the sparkling wine extract and edible pearl spray in my SHOP! This is one French macaron recipe that you must try if you love unique flavors!
Watch My Video!
Watch my video recipe for step-by-step instructions! Want to receive new recipe notifications? Make sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel!
Tips for Macaron Success!
Many bakers dread making French macarons because these little cookies can be a little finicky, but set that fear aside! I’ll walk you through the steps with my precise instructions and video tutorial so you can make these at home. And don’t get disappointed if your first attempt doesn’t work well. My first three attempts at making macarons failed horribly! But practice makes perfect! Here are a few crucial tips for making these cookies:
- Whisk the egg whites just until they reach stiff peak stage. Under mixing will result in a flat batter; over mixing can cause the cookies to spread while baking.
- Fold the batter thoroughly, flattening the egg whites against the side of your mixing bowl. BUT, be careful – you don’t want to over mix the batter! That will also cause your cookies to be just flat, shapeless disks.
- Allow those cookies to REST! Let the cookies stand for an hour at room temperature, allowing a thin shell to form on the outside. This shell gives the cookies their shape so it’s crucial! If your macarons are cracking on top, you might need to let the cookies rest longer. If you live in a humid climate, extend the timing even more as humidity and moisture will prevent a shell from forming.
Looking for more French macaron recipes? I have so many incredible recipes with unique flavor combinations! Check out some of these other macaron recipes I have on my site:
- For the caramel toffee lover – these ‘Almond Roca Macarons’!
- And try these ‘Chocolate Pomegranate Macarons’ are sweet and tangy!
- One of my favorites – ‘Lavender Blackberry Lemon Macarons’ are bound to be a hit!
Enjoyed this recipe? Please share and save it to Pinterest!
Need some supplies to make this recipe? You can get them here (Amazon affiliate links):
Here is the sparkling wine extract I use for this recipe.
This set of jumbo cake decorating tips includes a simple round tip and star tips for filling.
Get a set of disposable pastry bags – no more washing any bags!
You can use parchment paper or these silicone mats for baking.
I love my classic KitchenAid stand mixer – a must for every kitchen!
And this kitchen scale is a must for making perfect macarons!