Ratatouille – we probably all know the famous movie, but have you tried making it at home? Ratatouille is made with thinly-sliced tomatoes, zucchini and eggplant layered into a casserole dish. The vegetables are topped with an aromatic tomato sauce, then baked until the vegetables are tender. It’s super easy to make and one of the most aromatic and delicious dishes ever! I’ve partnered with Pompian to share my smoky and creamy version of this classic French dish! 1
Watch My Video!
Watch my video recipe for step-by-step instructions! Want new recipe notifications? Make sure to subscribe to my website and my YouTube channel! to receive notifications whenever a new video goes live!
What Makes This Ratatouille Recipe So Special?
Not every Ratatouille is made the same! This version with smoked paprika and cream takes the iconic French dish to a whole new level of goodness! I add smoked paprika and cream to the tomato and red bell pepper sauce. While it simmers away in the oven, it fills your whole kitchen with the most amazing aroma and once it’s done cooking, it tastes phenomenal. My husband and I can finish off a whole casserole in one night!
How to Make Ratatouille
There are a few keys steps to follow to make sure your dish is the best!
- Make sure to use the freshest ingredients. I love to use locally grown heirloom tomatoes, sweet yellow zucchini and green squash; and Chinese eggplant, which is more mild in flavor.
- Slice all vegetables the same thickness! This is super important so everything bakes evenly. Use an extra-sharp knife or madeline slicer to get the best results.
- Be patient! Let the dish bake away while you build up an appetite. Then, let it cool for at least 15 minutes before digging in to enjoy.
- I love to enjoy my smoky ratatouille with warm French baguette – it’s perfect for mopping up all that amazing sauce!
This recipe was sponsored by Pompeian, America’s largest national brand of olive oil. For this recipe, I used their Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil for sautéing, their Organic Balsamic Vinegar for my sauce, and their Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil for the topping. For tips on how to trend in the kitchen, including recipes, visit Instagram.com/Pompeian. To share your latest on-trend creations using Pompeian, tag your photos with #TrendingintheKitchen.
Enjoyed this classic recipe? Make sure to check out some of my other hearty and warming recipes you’re sure to enjoy!
- Cheesy Baked Rigatoni – the ultimate comfort food dish! This baked pasta casserole is made with hearty bolognese sauce and three types of cheese!
- Classic Italian Lasagna – the best ever cheese and meat lasagna made with slow-cooked bolognese sauce!
- Ukrainian Stewed Beef & Potatoes – a favorite Slavic recipe that’s packed with flavor!
- The BEST Beef Stew – seriously amazing slow-braised beef stew with veggies!
- Risotto Stuffed Butternut – oven-roasted butternut stuffed with creamy mushroom risotto!
Enjoyed this recipe? Save it for later to Pinterest!