Easy Pork & Cranberry Croissant Sandwiches
If you’re looking for a delicious croissant sandwich recipe, look no further! My roasted pork and cranberry sandwich is so delicious! Savory and sweet, creamy and crunchy – this croissant sandwich with cranberry sauce, avocado, pecan goat cheese spread and pork sirloin is so delicious! This simple yet elevated sandwich comes together in no time with Smithfield’s Slow Roasted Golden Rotisserie Marinated Fresh Pork Sirloin. This sandwich recipe also works really well with Thanksgiving turkey leftovers, or with rotisserie chicken!
Ingredients for Cranberry Croissant Sandwiches
Here are the main ingredients you’ll need for this recipe:
- Croissants: use fresh, extra large croissants for this recipe. I get mine at Costco!
- Smithfield’s Fresh Pork Sirloin: this pre-seasoned pork is so easy to use!
- Cranberry Sauce: you can use store-bought sauce or make your own easy sauce. I have a great recipe below.
- Goat Cheese: for making a goat cheese pecan spread. It’s the perfect complement to the pork!
How to Make A Pork Croissant Sandwich
This easy pork and cranberry sandwich is bound to become a favorite!
- This pork croissant sandwich is made slow-cooker cooked pork sirloin, which means less time in the kitchen for you! Just place the sirloin into your slow-cooker and cook on high for 6 hours, until the pork is tender. Allow the pork to rest for at least 20 minutes, then slice the pork sirloin thinly using a sharp carving knife.
- The spreads and fillings really make this croissant sandwich! For the goat cheese spread, simply combine the pecans and cheese in a small bowl.
- Toast the croissant first, then spread with cheese, add sliced avocado and top with cranberry sauce. You can use store-bought sauce or try my recipe for homemade ‘Orange Cranberry Sauce’.
- Serve the sandwiches warm, with warm croissant and warm pork sirloin.
Make Your Own Seasoned Pork
If you don’t have access to Smithfield products, no worries! You can make this recipe with regular pork sirloin and season it at home! First, pat the pork sirloin dry with paper towels. In a small ramekin, combine a few teaspoons of kosher salt with 1 tsp of each: garlic powder, onion powder, paprika and ground black pepper. Rub the spice blend into the meat, making sure it’s well seasoned all over. Proceed with the recipe.
Sponsored by Smithfield
For this delicious recipe, I’ve partnered with Smithfield. I love using their Marinated Fresh Pork products and their Slow Roasted Golden Rotisserie Marinated Fresh Pork Sirloin is no exception! This easy dinner (or lunch) recipe comes together in minutes so you can enjoy a hassle-free meal! Just place the perfectly seasoned fresh pork sirloin into the slow cooker and go about your day. When dinner rolls around, the pork sirloin is tender, juicy and ready to be sliced and enjoyed!
Enjoyed this sandwich recipe? Check out some of my other recipes!
- Bacon & Cheddar Breakfast Sandwich – the best ever breakfast croissant sandwich!
- Garlic & Tomato Toast – toasted bread with garlic rub, topped with heirloom tomatoes!
- Asian Pulled Pork Sandwich – delicious, slow-cooked pork with Asian seasoning!
- Cheesy Savory Toast – this warm sandwich recipe can also be stuffed with ham or bacon!
Share it on Pinterest!
Roasted Pork & Cranberry Croissant Sandwich
- 1 pounds Slow Roasted Golden Rotisserie Marinated Fresh Pork Sirloin
- ½ cup warm water
- 6 large croissants
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 1 large avocado
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup whole berry cranberry sauce
- 4 ounces soft goat cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup finely diced pecans
- Salt and ground black pepper
- Remove the Slow Roasted Golden Rotisserie Marinated Fresh Pork Sirloin from its packaging and place into a slow-cooker. Pour in the ½ cup water and set to cook on ‘high’ heat for 4 hours, or ‘low’ heat for 6 hours. When pork sirloin is ready, remove it from the slow-cooker and rest on a board while preparing the remaining ingredients.
- Slice each croissant in half. Use a pastry brush to brush each half with melted butter. Arrange the croissant facing up on a baking tray and place under the broiler for a few minutes, until the croissants are golden brown. In a small bowl, combine the softened goat cheese and diced pecans. Slice the avocado into thin slices. Slice the rested pork sirloin into thin slices, about 1/8-inch thick.
- To assemble the sandwiches, spread the bottom half of each croissant with a generous amount of goat cheese; top with baby spinach, sliced avocado and sliced pork sirloin. Season the avocado and pork lightly with salt and pepper. Spread the top half of each croissant with a generous amount of cranberry sauce, then place onto the sandwich.
- Make your own seasoned pork: If you don’t have access to Smithfield products, no worries! You can make this recipe with regular pork sirloin and season it at home! First, pat the pork sirloin dry with paper towels. In a small ramekin, combine a few teaspoons of kosher salt with 1 tsp of each: garlic powder, onion powder, paprika and ground black pepper. Rub the spice blend into the meat, making sure it’s well seasoned all over. Proceed with the recipe.