No-Bake Strawberry Honey Cake (video)
One of my favorite childhood desserts is this no-bake strawberry cake is so delicious! It’s a very tasty and delightful dessert, perfect for when you don’t want to turn on your oven! This impressive 8-layer honey cake is made with honey graham crackers, a creamy sour cream frosting and strawberry puree! This easy no-bake cake is perfect for any occasion!
Watch My Strawberry Cake Video!
For all the recipe details and step-by-step instructions, watch my video recipe! Want to receive new recipe emails in your inbox? Make sure to subscribe to my website and my YouTube channel and turn on notifications!
Ingredients for Honey Cake
This easy no-bake strawberry cake is super simple to make! Just a few steps and a few ingredients and the cake is ready to set. I recommend letting the cake stand overnight in the refrigerator for best results.
- Prepare the strawberry puree: simply place the fresh (or frozen and thawed) strawberries into a food processor along with 1/2 cup (100 g) sugar. You can add more or less sugar to your liking. Pulse the berries into a smooth puree and set aside.
- Next, prepare the frosting! In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth and creamy, then add in the sour cream and sugar. This Ukrainian-style frosting is so delicious!
Assembling the No-Bake Strawberry Cake
For my video recipe, I assembled this honey cake freestanding on a tray but it can also be assembled in a casserole tray. Simply layer the graham crackers and spread a generous amount of sour cream frosting between each layer, along with a few spoonful’s of the strawberry puree. Just let the cake set overnight to allow the crackers to become soft and the cream to bring everything together. Garnish the top with fresh strawberries for the finishing touch! This easy strawberry cake is bound to become a family-favorite!
Honey Cake Flavor Variations!
You can prepare this no-bake honey cake with other flavors, too!
- Raspberry: use raspberry preserves or make a simple raspberry sauce. For the sauce: place the berries and sugar into a medium saucepan and using a potato masher, crush the berries into a pulp. Bring the sauce to a simmer over medium heat and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes. Once cooked, pour the raspberry sauce into a fine mesh strainer arranged over a large bowl. Use the back of a spoon to press the sauce the sauce through the strainer until just the seeds remain, discarding the seeds.
- Chocolate: melt 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips in the microwave or over a double boiler. Once the cream cheese is beaten and smooth, add in the melted chocolate and mix again for 1 minute.
- Mango: peel 1 medium mango, chop into small pieces and puree in a food processor or blender into a smooth puree. Use just like the strawberry puree.
Enjoyed this easy, no-bake cake recipe? Check out some of my other delicious options!
- No-Bake Strawberry Tiramisu Cake – tiramisu custard with strawberry puree and ladyfingers!
- No-Bake Sangria Fruit Trifle – easy to assemble and so delicious!
- No-Bake Oreo Cheesecake – cream and delicious cookies and cream dessert!
- Strawberry Cheesecake Tart – made with a graham cracker pretzel crust, no-bake strawberry cheesecake and more berries!
Enjoyed this recipe? Please share and save it to Pinterest!
No-Bake Strawberry Honey Cake (video)
- 40 whole honey graham crackers
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 24 ounces sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups confectioner's sugar
- 5 cups strawberries
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- additional strawberries for garnish
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- Prepare the strawberry puree first. In a food processor, puree the strawberries and 1/2 cup sugar; set aside. Fresh or frozen and thawed strawberries will work well.
- For the sour cream frosting: first beat softened cream cheese with a mixer for 2 to 3 minutes, until light and fluffy. Add in the sour cream and vanilla extract and beat until no clumps remain; scrape down sides of bowl often! Add the confectioner's sugar gradually and mix again for a minute until the frosting is smooth.
- To assemble the cake - this cake can be made into a rectangle or square, assembled free-standing on a tray or in a casserole dish. First, spread a layer of the sour cream frosting onto your cake platter or casserole dish, then top with first layer of graham crackers. Spread a generous amount of sour cream frosting on top of each layer, followed by a few tablespoons of strawberry puree.
- Spread the frosting over top and sides, sealing cake so no dry edges are exposed. Sprinkle the top with graham cracker crumbs and garnish with whole strawberries.
- This no-bake honey cake needs to be refrigerated for at least 6-8 hours, preferably overnight to allow the crackers to absorb moisture. Cut into squares using a sharp knife and spoon over extra strawberry puree over each serving.
- Enjoyed this recipe? Please consider leaving me a comment or rating review to help my blog!
Quick and easy and of course delicious.
Tanya can I use frozen strawberries for this cake recipe?
Yes, frozen thawed strawberries would work great! 🙂
Hi Tatyana, I tried to make this cake twice butmy filling comes out runny. I followed the recipe to the T…any ideas why this is happening? I really want to get it right bc the cake is delicious! Could it be that I used a hand mixer (I don’t have a stand mixer)?
Sorry to hear that your filling didn’t turn out! Instead of pureeing the strawberries, maybe just chop them up and fold them into the filling, that should help! 🙂
Hi tatyanas instead of cream cheese may I use mascerpone to this recipe
Yes, I think mascarpone should work well, too 🙂
Thank you tatyanas -:)
Is there a way I can do a smaller version of this cake? Like a half of this? What would be proportions of ingredients ?
Hi! 🙂 You can certainly make a smaller cake. The easiest thing to do would be to cut the recipe in half, just use half of all the ingredients
Every time strawberry seasons comes around, I also go to this recipe first. One of the easiest cakes ever and it tastes just like a honey cake without all the baking. Thank you for a great dessert!
(Saw your story on Facebook where you ask people to leave reviews so that’s what I’m doing 🙂
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review! I’m so glad you’re enjoying this cake recipe! It’s so perfect for summer! 🙂