The most delicious, creamy, and impressive cocktail! My Maple White Russian is made with 100% pure maple syrup, espresso, vodka and cream! This recipe is sponsored by Maple from Canada. You will love the delicious combination of pure maple with the coffee and cream! It’s the perfect coffee cocktail to enjoy during the holiday season! This recipe makes 4 cocktails but it’s super easy to scale up or down depending on how many people you’re serving.
Watch My Cocktail Video Tutorial!
Watch my YouTube video recipe for step-by-step instructions for making this delicious cocktail! Want to receive new recipe emails in your inbox? Make sure to subscribe to my website and my YouTube channel and turn on notifications!
Ingredients for a White Russian
Here are the ingredients you’ll need for making this cocktail:
- Pure Maple Syrup: pure syrup has no added sugar, making it the perfect sweetener for this cocktail. It also adds amazing flavor!
- Strong Coffee: use extra strong brewed coffee or espresso, if you have a machine.
- Cream: you can use half-and-half, whipping cream, or heavy cream for this recipe. Non-dairy creamers will also work well.
- Vodka: use your favorite brand of vodka for this recipe. Chilled vodka from the freezer is best.
Using Maple Syrup in Cocktails
100% pure maple syrup from Canada’s flavor is unmatched. As a natural sweetener, it’s the perfect alternative to simple syrup for sweetening cocktails! Real maple has a one-of-a-kind rich maple flavor that just tastes better and gives this cocktail a delicious twist! I absolutely love how the maple syrup flavors shine through in this White Russian cocktail recipe! Try using pure maple syrup for other cocktails, too. I love to use it for whiskey sours, margaritas, bourbon twists and classic old-fashioned cocktails!
Making Maple Coffee Syrup
Traditionally, White Russians are made with a sweetened coffee liqueur but for this recipe, I make my own coffee syrup with espresso and maple syrup. This recipe will make enough syrup for 4 cocktails but it can be scaled up or down. Simply combine ½ cup strong espresso and ½ cup 100% pure maple syrup in a measuring cup or small pitcher and stir together. If you don’t use all the syrup the same day, cover and refrigerate the rest.
How to Make a Maple White Russian
This maple white Russian is super easy to make! You’ll need just four ingredients: 100% pure maple syrup, espresso, vodka and cream; I use whipping cream for this recipe but half-and-half will also work well for a lower fat version!
- First, combine the coffee and maple syrup to create the coffee base.
- Next, add a handful of ice into a cocktail shaker. Measure out 2 oz of vodka and 2 oz of the maple coffee syrup and give the cocktail a quick shake.
- Traditionally, this classic cocktail is served in an old-fashioned glass and that’s what I like to use. Add a handful of ice first or add a square ice cube to make the cocktail extra fancy!
- To layer the cream over the coffee and vodka, slowly pour the cream over the back of a spoon.
Serving a White Russian Cocktail
A properly layered White Russian looks so pretty and impressive! Serve this cocktail layered and use a spoon to stir the two layers together. Enjoy immediately. For some extra garnish, try adding a sprig of fresh rosemary over the top of the glass to make the cocktail extra festive for the holidays!
Sponsored by Maple from Canada
This delicious cocktail recipe was sponsored by Maple from Canada. You’ll love the flavor of the maple syrup in this classic recipe! 100% pure maple syrup from Canada is a natural sweetener that is derived directly from the maple tree’s sap! Unlike mass produced syrups, which contain a slurry of sugar, artificial flavors and corn syrups, real maple syrup is made with just one ingredient – 100% maple.
Visit Maple from Canada’s website to learn more about pure maple syrup: https://www.puremaplefromcanada.com/
Do you love maple syrup? Check out my other recipe with Maple from Canada you’re sure to enjoy!
- You’ll love my ‘Maple Pecan Cake’, sweetened with maple syrup and frosted with a maple buttercream!
- No-Bake Strawberry Rhubarb Cheesecake – perfect for summer! Made with maple rhubarb jam, loads of strawberries and maple whipped cream!
- Maple Berry Cake – made with maple cake layers and filled with tons of berries and maple mascarpone whipped cream frosting!
- Maple Apple Streusel Cake – quick and EASY apple cake sweetened with maple syrup and topped with a crunchy almond streusel!
- Strawberry Margarita – the ultimate summer treat! This fruity drink is made with strawberry puree and freshly-squeezed lime juice!
Share it on Pinterest
Maple White Russian Recipe (video)
- ½ cup strong espresso
- ½ cup 100% pure maple syrup
- 1 cup vodka, chilled
- 1 cup whipping cream
- In a measuring cup, combine the espresso and maple syrup, then stir for 30 seconds, until well combined.
- For each drink, measure out 2 ounces of vodka, 2 ounces of the premade coffee and maple syrup base and place into a cocktail shaker filled partially with ice. Shake the drink for 30 seconds.
- Pour the drink into an old-fashioned glass with or without ice; I recommend square ice cubes. Slowly pour 2 ounces of whipping cream over the back of a spoon, layering the cream over the vodka and coffee base. Enjoy immediately.